Episode 22 - Your Results

"Hello?"
Niki picked up his ringing phone and listened to the person speaking.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS? I'M GOING TO COME OVER RIGHT NOW."
Niki ended the call and ran out of his house to his garage.

He was beyond elated to hear the news from his family doctor that he had found a donor for Byeol.

He just could not believe it.

Byeol would be so happy to hear it as well but, he was going to check it out first before telling her.

= [ time skip ] =

"DOCTOR LEE!"
He barged into the room and saw his doctor and a nurse in the room as he closed the door.

"Great to see you here, Niki!"
Doctor Lee greeted as Niki quickly sat down.

"Where's the donor?"
He looked around but, saw no one else other than the two medical people in front of him.

"I'll tell you only after you do the CBC."
Doctor Lee said and Niki smile faded as he started to glare at the doctor.

CBC is also known as complete blood count. It is a test to measure many parts of your blood. This test checks your haemoglobin and hematocrit levels.

Wait... What?

"So, you told me to come over here, just to do the CBC? There wasn't a donor?"
Niki's anger rushed through his veins as he clenched his fists tightly.

"There is a donor who I know of. But, I still have to check some things with him to confirm it."
Doctor Lee looked through Niki's medical documents.

At least there's a hope of a donor.

Niki held in his anger and clicked his tongue irritatedly at Doctor Lee.

He was always the one trying his best to force Niki to come over to do a checkup, unable to believe that he used Byeol as a reason to ask him to come over.

"So have you decided? If you do cooperate and do the test, I will tell you who's the donor. Deal?"
Doctor Lee stood up as he prepared the equipment for Niki's treatment, already knowing what Niki's answer would be.

"Deal."
Niki reluctantly let out but, he needed the donor for Byeol.

= [ time skip ] =

"The report will be out in twenty more minutes. Please take a rest for now."
The nurse told Niki and handed him a bottle of water.

"Where's Doctor Lee?"
Niki asked.

"He's checking the results of your blood test. Please give him a while more."
The nurse answered kindly and left.

"Please... Please..."
Niki prayed for a donor who was able and willing to help Byeol.

He never once believed in God until, this time. There was literally no one else there to help. He could only put all his hope on the gods.