Chapter 005

Chapter 005

It was just after 8 o’clock when Ji Li arrived at the set.

It was still early and the staff members were doing preparatory work. The core shooting area was sealed off and outsiders couldn’t go in and out at will.

The company didn’t assign an assistant to Ji Li. They just gave him an actor’s crew pass.

Currently, Ji Li was standing on the outermost periphery of the set, clutching the straps of his backpack tightly with a rare expression of confession on his face.

Where should he go to report?

These trivial matters before filming had always been entrusted to his assistant in the past.

A man in a black jacket saw him and approached. “Hey, who are you? This is a set and you can’t enter casually.”

Ji Li saw the work permit on the other person’s chest and immediately reacted politely. “Hello, Brother. I am the actor of Song Zhao in ‘Country and the World.’ My name is Ji Li.” He handed over his actor’s pass as he spoke.

“Ji Li?” The man glanced at his ID and carefully examined his appearance. “So you are the newcomer of Dream Media who is temporarily stuffed in?”

Temporarily stuffed in?

Ji Li pondered over this vocabulary and hesitated. “May I ask who you are?”

“I’m the casting director of this movie, Xiao Linsen.” Xiao Linsen handed back his credentials. “Go straight for 50 meters. Once you see the blue wall, turn right and it is the actor’s dressing room. Get there and you can find someone to ask.”

“Yes. Thank you, Director.” Ji Li nodded, not delving into the meaning of the other person’s words.

Xiao Linsen stared at Ji Li’s distant back and shook his head, muttering, “He looks good but he seems to be a vase who can’t act.”

He should hurry up and find an alternative actor according to Teacher Qin Yue’s instructions.

As far as Ji Li’s appearance was concerned, how could Ji Li be willing to be ugly? He probably wouldn’t even want to get dirty makeup!

Xiao Linsen bet that he wouldn’t have to wait for the rival scene with Teacher Qin Yue.

In the first beggar scene this afternoon, the other person probably wouldn’t be able to pass.

─────────────────────

Ji Li found the small room where supporting roles put on makeup.

Before he could knock on the door, he saw the stylist coming over while carrying a bunch of things. The moment the two of them met, the stylist asked with surprise, “Are you the actor for Song Zhao?”

“Yes, hello Teacher. My name is Ji Li.”

The stylist raised his eyebrow and motioned for him to go in. “Just call me Zhang Ming. Go in. I will be responsible for your overall look today.”

Ji Li nodded and followed Zhang Ming silently. “I heard there was a temporary change of person but I didn’t expect it to be changed to such an immortal-like beautiful man.” The stylists in the circle basically regarded ‘exaggerated praise’ as a necessary skill and any adjective could be said.

Ji Li wasn’t surprised and just slightly smiled.

“Sit down. We will put on your headgear first, then makeup before finally changing your clothes.” Zhang Ming took out the headgear and patted the simple styling table. “The first scene in the notice is set at 10:30. We have to hurry.”