Chapter 012

Chapter 012

Qin Yue helplessly patted Major General’s head. “Where did you pick up this stray cat?”

Qi An approached. He looked at the dust on the thin kitten’s body and frowned. “It was probably pulled out from a nearby abandoned building. I heard a faint cry as we were walking around there this morning.” He hadn’t paid too much attention to it at the time and brought Major General back.

In the blink of an eye, the dog slipped out again and brought the cat back.

During the conversation, the cat was already lying on Ji Li’s shoes and was calling out terribly. Ji Li couldn’t bear it and bent over to pick it up. The cat had a small red scratch on its nose and blue pupils shone through the slightly opened eyes. It looked pitiful and cute.

“Major General always likes to pick up things from the trash pile. He thinks he will get praised every time.” Qi An couldn’t help complaining.

Ji Li’s fingertips gently touched the cat’s neck while he curiously raised his eyes. “Why?”

Qin Yue glanced at him and made a long story short. “Four years ago, I was shooting in a crew and brought Major General with me…”

The shooting took place in a very remote mountain village far from a city. Traffic wasn’t convenient. The crew stayed there for half a month to film.

Before they left, they suddenly encountered a heavy rainstorm. There was a mudslide from the back mountain that flooded and destroyed most of the village. Many villagers had no time to escape and were trapped in collapsed houses. Before the rescue team arrived, the group spontaneously organized a rescue.

“Major General used his dog’s nose to search and rescue many people. He was rewarded by the local fire department afterwards.”

Later, there were media reports and Major General became a celebrity pet. He was occasionally approached by pet shows.

Qi An added with a smile, “We registered a Weibo account for Major General. He has more fans than some celebrities in the circle.”

Qin Yue glanced at his friend. “How can you compare like this?”

Ji Li smiled and didn’t interrupt. He just patted the kitten in his arms. It had only been a short time but the cat was already well behaved.

He liked cats.

Originally, Ji Li thought he would have free time to raise a cat after he stopped working. As a result, he entered the book before he could find a pet cat.

Qi An suggested, “So I take this cat to the pet store? Send it to the pet store and see if anyone wants to adopt it.”

Qin Yue nodded in agreement. He was busy with his daily affairs. It was fine to raise an adult dog like Major General but he didn’t have time to care for a kitten.

“Let me do it.” Ji Li blurted out. “There is a pet store downstairs of the dormitory where I live. It is convenient to take it there on the way.” Ji Li wanted to take this kitten back for adoption. Unfortunately, his savings were too small for him to even take care of himself.

“Okay, I will hand this cat over to you.” Qi An spoke first. Qin Yue saw this and just nodded.

Ji Li hugged the kitten in his arms and there was a smile on his face. “Then I will change clothes first. Brother Yue, Mr. Qi, goodbye.”

“Yes.” The two people watched the young man walk away. Only Major General spun in place in a hurry. He wanted to follow directly. “Do you like that cat so much?” Qin Yue felt helpless.