Chapter 017

Chapter 017

"Brother Yue!" Ji Li walked quickly to Qin Yue's side, his eyes filled with unstoppable surprise and joy. "I didn't expect to see you again here."

Unlike the deliberately blackened beggar makeup in the movie, Ji Li's current costume was very eye-catching.

Qin Yue was infected by his smile and he couldn't help his lips curving up. "Yes, it has been a while."

Yao Chuan and Fang Zhixing looked at each other in a puzzled manner. "Do the two of you know each other?"

"Ji Li played my younger brother in 'Country and the World'. We worked together in several rivalry scenes." Qin Yue paused slightly before adding, "Director Zheng likes him very much."

Yao Chuan heard this and immediately reacted. "Is he the newcomer actor that Old Zheng praised so much in his Moments?"

The relationships in the director's circle were interconnected. Yao Chuan and Zheng Anxing also knew each other privately. Qin Yue nodded affirmatively.

It was the first time Ji Li heard about this and his eyes brightened. "Brother Yue, Director Zheng praised me in his Moments? When did this happen?"

"On the day you finished shooting, Old Zheng made a rare post in his Moments and eloquently praised you." Qi An answered and asked the staff to bring over an extra chair.

After watching the scene just now, Fang Zhixing had already equated Ji Li with Xie Yan in his heart. "Your name is Ji Li?"

"Yes." Ji Li politely introduced himself. "Hello Director Yao, Teacher Fang. My name is Ji Li."

"Sit down, you handled the scene just now very well," Yao Chuan said.

"Thank you, Director." Ji Li calmly sat down beside Qin Yue and glanced at the monitor. "Just now, the wind blew up the veil of my hat. Do you need me to shoot it again?"

"No need. I've seen it and it can be used." Yao Chuan had been directing for many years and knew what the audience wanted to see.

The close-up only had the side profile. It wasn't to the point of the face being seen but the type of vague beauty revealed by Ji Li poked at people's hearts.

"Ji Li, I remember that you are signed with Dream Media." Qi An took advantage of this gap to ask about his doubts. "How did you run to be a stand-in? Did the company's agent force you to come?"

Letting a promising, talented newcomer run to be a stand-in? This company was too unreliable.

Qin Yue looked at Ji Li. He also cared about this matter. Ji Li feared they would misunderstand and explained, "I picked a movie role but the crew isn't ready yet. There is probably a gap of two months."

"I heard that the production team of 'Schemes of the Great Zong Dynasty Youth' is very good so I took this opportunity to join the crew. I want to learn more and make some contacts along the way." Ji Li's answer was sincere and true.

What newcomer didn't want to contact the crew of a big production? Who didn't want to seize every opportunity to rise?

Yao Chuan smiled. He obviously had a good impression of Ji Li.

Qin Yue's lips curved up and he asked for the first time, "Previously in the movie crew, why didn't you ask for the WeChat of me and Director Zheng? Are we not good contacts?"

"How can that be?" Ji Li retorted and smiled shyly. "The time we met was too short. I was afraid you wouldn't give it to me. That's why I only added the WeChat of a few staff members. I follow the news of the crew through them every day."