Chapter 021

Chapter 021

The crew temporarily had an accident with the actor so today’s shooting progress could only be delayed. Yao Chuan might have a hot temper but his work was relatively neat. He simply gave everyone a holiday and arranged for someone to take Ji Li to shoot the makeup photos.

The casting of ‘Schemes of the Great Zong Dynasty Youth’ hadn’t been officially announced yet. Now it wasn’t too late to remake it.

“Brother Ji! I’m coming!” Baozi rushed to the makeup artist while carrying a pile of drinks. “Teachers, you’ve worked hard. I am Ji Li’s assistant. I bought these drinks because Ji Li asked me to. Feel free to take them.”

“Thank you.” The person in charge responded and asked the group to have a short rest. Time wasn’t too urgent when taking makeup photos of Ji Li alone.

Baozi took the opportunity to bring a cup of coffee to Ji Li and asked with a smile, “Brother Ji, would you like some as well?”

“Why are you here?” Ji Li was surprised to see the drinks given to the staff. “How did you become my assistant and buy things for everyone in my name?”

“I called Group Leader Wang.” Baozi looked proud. “I told him that you temporarily replaced He Ling in the drama and you are now in the crew. Sun Yong, that man… How can there be no one following you around? So I volunteered.” Baozi raised a hand excitedly. “Could you let me follow you, Brother Ji? If there is anything I don’t know then I can learn.” Baozi’s optimism was very similar to his former assistant.

Ji Li was moved but he didn’t want to delay others. “I don’t have any money or fame now. Are you sure you want to be my assistant? You can only get the basic salary from the company every month.”

“Brother Ji, I have enough money.” Baozi approached him and whispered proudly, “I’ve always had a good eye for people. You will surely be popular. If I follow you now, won’t I be a senior-level figure in the future?”

Ji Li smiled and handed back the coffee in his hand. “I want milk tea. Coffee is too bitter to drink.”

Baozi understood that the other side was acquiescing to his position as an assistant. He immediately smiled. “Brother Ji, I’ll get it for you!”

“Okay.” Five minutes later, Ji Li was carrying a cup of milk tea and chewing on pearls while allowing several stylists to adjust his look.

Baozi sat on one side and reported to him, “Brother Ji, I’ve changed your room standard at the hotel. I’ve discussed it with the crew and the company and have temporarily settled Snow Cake in the pet store. I’ll pick him up after work tonight.”

Ji Li nodded, obviously satisfied with Baozi’s efficiency. Xie Yan’s styling had been prepared early in the morning. They just needed to change the details according to Ji Li’s facial features.

The styling director liked the mole on Ji Li’s nose very much and deliberately retained it without completely covering it up with makeup powder. The young man’s gentle and soft facial features were aesthetically pleasing. Since the appearance was accidentally revealed, the crew simply used this look for the makeup photo. Other images would be presented one by one during the filming.

Ji Li had read the original novel and familiarized himself with the script because of his role as a ‘stand-in’ office. He might’ve temporarily taken over the role but he already had a complete grasp of the character. The makeup photos were taken smoothly and ended in less than an hour.

Ji Li had just finished removing his makeup when he found Baozi anxiously hovering at the door. “Baozi, what’s the matter?”

“Brother Ji, He Ling is on the hot search.”