A Missing Part: Tony Stark x Wife!Reader

YN breathed deeply as she stood next to Steve, her heart pounding rapidly against her chest.

"You don't have to do this, YN." Steve whispered, sending a concerned look over his shoulder as the smaller woman stared ahead.

"No, I do." She replied, looking away from brown eyes and meeting blue. "It's the right thing to do, no matter how much it hurts."

"YN, please don't do this." YN flinched at the words, her eyes returning to look at her husband. "Baby, go home. We can sort something out, it's not too late."

"Tony." YN choked, her eyes filling with tears at the thought of what was about to happen. "This isn't going to go away. I go home, I'll be forced to sign something I don't agree with. Or I'm benched from helping people. You know I can't do that."

"YN, this isn't going to end the way you think it is." Natasha said, meeting YN's glassy eyes. "You'll be fugitives."

"I'd rather be a fugitive doing the right thing, than a sheep listening to someone tell me to do something I don't want to do." Tony rubbed his face, his heart aching as the couple stood on opposite sides of the airport. "Tony, this doesn't change how much I love you." She whimpered, closing her eyes. "But I need to do this, it's what I believe in." Tony nodded, releasing a breath.

---------------

YN cried into a motel pillow as the others stood outside, listening to the heartbroken sobs. It had been just over six months since the airport battle, and it was Tony and YN's three-year anniversary. The woman was taking it hard, being shut away from Tony after being together for nearly eight years and married for three.

"She's not dealing, Steve. She's depressed and anxious. She's terrified." Sam said as Steve nodded, rubbing his forehead.

"She needs to go home. We need to get her home." Natasha agreed, wincing as she heard YN release a hoarse cough. "I'll try and sort a burner phone out and get a hold of Stark, hopefully he's got some sense in him to listen." Steve nodded, blowing out a breath. "Talk to her, Cap."

Steve knocked on the door, grimacing as he heard the woman cough again. "Hey, YN? It's Steve."

"Yeah, come in." She mumbled, sitting upright on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" YN forced a smiled, running a hand over her head.

"Uh, yeah. Next question." She chuckled dryly, clenching her teeth. Steve sighed, sitting next to her on the bed, resting his hand on her head.

"You need to go home, YN." YN scoffed, sitting up in her bed, her hair a mess and her face red from crying.

"If it were that easy, do you think I'd still be here?" YN said, her tone dry.

"We are going to try and contact the others, get someone to work something out for you." YN looked up, her eyes wide. "YN, you aren't coping. And I'm terrified at what might happen, three, six maybe twelve months down the line and we're still on the run."

"I'm sorry." YN whimpered, rubbing her eyes. "I just miss him so damn much. He's my everything, has been my everything since I was a teenager." Steve nodded, bringing his hand up to wipe her cheek.

"It's okay, YN. We knew this would be hard, and we are all so proud of you for sticking by your beliefs, even if it meant going against your husband." YN chuckled, tears falling over her cheeks.

"One hell of a seven year itch, huh?" Steve huffed out a laugh, shaking his head. "We are definitely going to need marriage counselling." Steve's small laugh turned loud, his head tipping back.

"I would assume so." YN nodded, her tears slowly stopping. "We are going to get you home, YN. I swear."

-----------------

"Stop twitching." Sam muttered, nudging YN with his shoulder.

"What if he hates me?" YN mumbled, her fingers pulling at each other. "What if he just grabs me throws me in the back of a wagon and dumps me on Secretary Ross' door step. I can't go back to the raft, Sam. I'll go insane."

"Shut it, he's here." YN's mouth snapped shut and her back straightened, a pit forming in the base of her stomach. Her fingers continued to pick at her nails, Sam's eyes trailing to them. "YN, you're fidgeting again." YN glared at him before returning her gaze to the approaching SUV. "There goes your wagon theory."

"You know what, take me back to the raft. Anything to be away from your ridiculous jokes." Sam snickered, nudging her again as she glared at the cement below her feet.

It was just her and Sam waiting for YN's transport, as Steve knew facing Tony was a bad idea after what happened in Siberia, and Natasha was too close. Sam opted to accompany YN, as he was the furthest from Tony.

The door of the SUV opened, and YN expected a driver to exit, knowing her husband normally sent drivers everywhere. YN's eyes popped open as Tony scurried out of the vehicle, his feet carrying him toward YN quickly.

"What are we vibing? Is he going to tackle me to the ground and cuff me or is he going to hug me?" YN whispered with tears filling her eyes, growing antsy as Tony approached the two fugitives.

When he got within arms distance, he grabbed YN's face, flicking his eyes over her narrow features. She had lost her usual plump features in the six months they'd been on the run, as she could never stomach the food they were offered.

"YN, my God." He whispered, pulling her forward and surrounding her in his scent and presence.

"Tony." YN whimpered, wrapping the taller man in her arms and burying her face in his chest, her tears leaking over her eyes and down her cheeks. "I missed you so much."

Tony shushed her, squeezing her tightly. "I know, baby. I'm right here. We're gunna be okay."

"I'm sorry." She cried pulling herself further into her husband's eyes. "I'm so sorry." Tony nodded, his own tears leaking from his brown eyes as the couple reunited. "I love you so much, I never want to leave your side again."

"And you won't." Tony whispered, burying his face in YN's hair.

-----------------

"What's going to happen to me?" YN whispered, gripping Tony's hand tightly as he drove. "Where are they going to send me?"

"Nowhere, YN. I have sorted it all out." YN stared at him, her brows furrowed.

"What do you mean?" Tony looked over to her, astonished that he was even seeing her again.

"Steve and Natasha said they were happy for me to tell Ross you were forced to help them, and they took you as a hit to me." YN's eyes widened, as Tony grimaced. "It's not ideal, but it worked and Secretary Ross just wants to question you regarding where you've stayed." YN swallowed as she looked to her lap.

"I'm not giving them away, Tony. I can't." Tony smiled, looking back out to the road.

"I know, baby." He said, nodding his head. "We can sort out a believable story." YN sighed, closing her eyes as her heart filled with relief. "God, I am so happy to have you back with me, YN."

YN felt her stomach tighten at Tony's deep voice, a voice she hadn't heard for over six months. Her skin tingled as she opened her eyes to stare at the side of Tony's head as she bit her lip. Tony looked over, nearly swerving the car off the road at her fiery stare.

"Jesus, YN. You're going to make me crash the car if you keep looking at me like that." YN licked her lips, trying to calm the tingling on her skin.

"Pull over." She whispered, her hand landing on Tony's thigh as he tensed under her touch. "Baby, pull the car over please?" Tony bit his lip as he pulled over, leaning back in the seat. "Good boy."

Tony closed his eyes as YN praised him seductively. He gasped as YN climbed over the center console and into his lap. "YN?" Tony breathed.

"Baby, I missed you so much." YN whispered, lowering her lips onto her husbands. Tony groaned, lifting his body to press against YNs as he leant the seat back, the couple chuckling as YN gasped. "Missed you, love you."

"I missed and love you too, YN. So fucking much."