52: Afraid

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Entering his vast yet empty house, Taehyung threw his keys on the table before plopping on the couch. Just when he closed his eyes, he felt something poking his wrist.

Smiling with his eyes closed, he caressed the bracelet and slid it down.

"Will you stay incomplete for eternity?" He muttered, caressing the alphabet that never got the chance to be a word, a whole word.

All he received was the silence of his house, nothing else. He chuckled to himself, bitterly. What he could expect?

He glanced over his phone to see some messages from Euni about her day and he replied to her.

In front of everyone, he always pretended that he moved on, but in actuality, he never did. Did he try? No, he never even thought of trying to do so. Because, if Jungkook could love him in those dark times, then why he can't?

Another time, Jungkook was the main reason for the change in his behavior and he was grateful for that.

Tiredly, he trudged to his room and changed into his sweats after a hot shower. It was 10 pm. by that but he never had anything else to do when he was alone, except for missing the other.

Ironic? Well, it's well said that we get to know the actual worth of things when they're gone. That's what happened in his case as well.

After making a mug of hot chocolate, he sat near the window, occasionally sipping from the soothing liquid. It was a clear and calm night, stars were shining dimly because of the moon. The cold gust of December wind made him shiver a bit but the whole situation reminded him of that night.

A small smile formed on his lips as he remembered, how Jungkook was looking at him and how oblivious he was, so stupid of him.

But his smile turned upside down. That's how he was living in every moment because every second thing always reminded him of the one person who was nowhere to be found.

In his own daze, he kept sitting there until it was about midnight. As the clock struck 12, his phone was bombarded with the msgs and he silently bore it all.

Because once again it was the day he started to despise.

A small yawn escaped from his lips. He was tired, and his body was exhausted but he was afraid, afraid of sleeping.

After a while, he finally got up, washed his cup, and brushed his teeth before laying on the soft mattress.

Just when he closed his eyes, he was fast asleep because he was very much sleep-deprived.

.

.

When he opened his eyes, he saw him, he saw Jungkook standing in the distance with the same broken smile he had in the kitchen after confessing.

"Hyung?" Taehyung called him but Jungkook just stepped back, shaking his head.

"You came, Hyung!" But Jungkook again stepped back.

"Hyung, please don't go again. I- I'm sorry.. please." But to his dismay, Jungkook turned his back to him and started walking away. He rushed behind him and they both were now near a busy road.