25th of November 2021

They get up early both of them to spend the day separately since they are working on their new solo albums. Harry didn't give him a present or breakfast in bed and Louis is a bit curious about what the celebration for the day would be. He loves him a little extra for planning and celebrating the fact that he's turning thirty even if he dreads the day. When did he get so old?

He has a great day in the studio and returns home just to find Harry by the stove making dinner. He hugs him from behind and plants a kiss between his shoulder blades.

Harry turns around and hugs him.
"How was your day?"

"Great. I wrote a new song. How was yours?" Louis replies and hugs him back.

"Great. I wrote a new song." Harry says cheekily.

"What are you making?" Louis asks and peeks over Harry's shoulder when he gets out of his embrace and faces the stove again.

"Pasta Carbonara." Harry informs him.

"Do you want me to set the table?" Louis asks.

"I think we should eat in front of the tv. I have a surprise." Harry smiles.

"A birthday surprise?" Louis wonders.

"Maybe." Harry answers.

Louis opens the cabinet where they store plates and takes two out. Harry fills them with pasta and sauce and grabs a bottle of sparkling water from the fridge while Louis gets cutlery and glasses. They carry it to the living room and sit down.

Louis is starving so he digs in immediately. They eat in silence for a while until he remembers that Harry has a surprise for him.
"So what's the surprise?"

Harry just smiles and reaches for the remote control and turns the tv on. He grabs the laptop from underneath the coffee table and connects it to the tv.
"Ready?"

"I don't know what I'm supposed to get ready for but sure." Louis grins and takes another mouthful of pasta.

Harry starts a video and Louis stares at the screen in surprise. His siblings are waving and smiling shouting
"Hi Louis, we love you!"

He's about to answer when he realizes that it's pre-recorded.
"We're so proud of you and everything you have accomplished so far." Lottie says.

"Thank you for all you're giving us. We're privileged. But I'm not just talking about stuff. You're always there when we need you." Daisy says.

"And always have been." Phoebe adds.

"Best big brother ever!" Ernest and Doris shout and raise their arms in the air.

Louis has stopped eating. He's watching the screen with teary eyes. Lottie continues.
"We know how much mum would have wanted to be here to celebrate that her oldest is turning 30. She was your biggest supporter and your biggest fan and she was so proud of you, Louis. She loved you so much. We hope that you know that?"

Louis wipes away a tear that tips over. Harry comes closer and puts his arm around him and Louis nuzzles closer. He knows that and he misses her endlessly.

His siblings continue to tell stories that their mum told them about him as a child and then they talk about their own memories of him. He listens with a smile on his lips. When the homemade movie is over he hugs Harry tightly.
"Thank you. That was such a precious gift."

"Happy pre-thirty, love." Harry smiles and kisses him.

They continue to eat even if their food is cold by now. Harry remembers another thing and reaches under the coffee table and picks up a picture of a one-year-old Louis and hands it over. Louis looks at it and smiles and while Harry brings their dishes to the kitchen he adds it to the scrapbook.