Chapter 5

Shehnaaz wakes up. It is 5 am and the train will depart from Newport station at 7.
She quickly freshen up and gets ready. Kiran and Dilpreet will drop her to the station. Both aunty ji and uncle are awake to see her off.
.
.
They arrive at the station. The train is already there. Sana hugs her cousins. It's time for her to leave.
"Call me when you get down from London ok.. Safe journey, take care"
"Haan of course. Don't worry"

When Shehnaaz gets in,  she's surprised to find that there are only few passengers. Lot of empty seats. She sits by the window. It's going to be two and half hour long ride.

Maybe she should sleep

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Maybe she should sleep. Last night she didn't have a proper sleep.. her mind was disturbed again. She closes her eyes and soon fall asleep as the train take off.
.
.
"Sweetheart if you sleep like this, someone might suspect you are...dead"

A voice from the distance. "Aankhe kohl meri jaan" She knows this voice. She feels like if 'he' is touching her cheek and she opens the eyes at once.

She cannot believe what she's seeing right now. Right in-front of her seat.. He's facing her.. sitting there. There's little sunshine coming in from the window.. dimmed.. The shadows of trees outside fall on him as the train moves..it's like a picture flickering.. he's there and not there..

"Sidhaaarth" She gasps as her hand reaches her mouth.
Tears starts swelling up. Sapna hai kya?
She's not sure if it's a dream.

He smiles.. His fits are clenched as if he's controlling himself.

Her head goes numb and it's difficult to breath as tears continue to fall..
Sidharth at once shifts to her side and takes her to his arms, making her head rest on his chest..
"Bas relax meri jaan... Shehnaaz... I'm sorry"
"Possible nahi hai.. maybe I'm sick.. oh god"
"Shehnaaz this is real. Look at me"

Finally she finds courage to move her head and see... Her eyes are blurred from tears.. she wipes them to clearly see him.. just inches away from her face... his breath hitting on her face. Sidharth gently kisses her forehead.

Her hand reaches his face. Warm. It's real. It's Sidharth Shukla. Alive as much as she is.

"Sidhaaarth?"
"I'm with you"
"Kya Yeh sapna hai? It's a dream"
"It's real. I'm... real. You feel me?"
He wraps his arms around Shehnaaz and kisses her cheeks.
How much he longed to take her to his arms again... It feels like he has come home. Home from a very long journey. He closes his eyes feeling her.. I could risk it all to be with you

"Sidharth... oh my god yeh tu hi hai"

"Haaan"

He wipes off the tears from her cheeks and hugs her more tightly. Her hand moves to his chest and rests there.. as if she's trying to shield it from...
She stares at his eyes. She still cannot believe... Sidharth gently caressing her shoulders tries to calm her..
"My jaan, I'm here"

"Kaise?..... Kya hua?.." Shehnaaz asks as she calm down a little.. lifting her face, looking at his eyes.. She knows he will never leave her without a really big reason.

"Sab bataunga"

****

Hope you like it!? 🤭

Kabhi toh milega ✨जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें