Chapter 3

Chapter 3

*Outside Of Pallet Town In The Kanto Region One Week Earlier*

    A young woman trudged up a hill. She was around five foot ten, had long flowing blonde hair that went down to her knees, well-defined curves, and extraordinarily beautiful. Her piercing silvery-gray eyes swept around the area, taking in the gorgeous scenery. She smiled, exposing her perfect, white teeth. Next to her was a large, dark blue, dragon-type pokemon, not usually found in the Kanto Region.

    “So this is Pallet Town, huh Garchomp?” she said to the dragon type. “I wonder which house is Ash’s?”

    “Gar-Garchomp?” suggested Garchomp.

    “Good idea, guess I’ll ask around,” replied the woman as she returned Garchomp to her pokeball in a flash of red light.

“Excuse me,” the woman said to a passing boy with spiky red hair. “Do you know where Ash Ketchum lives?”

“Ash Ketchum? Yeah I know where he lives, why? Are you a friend of old Ashy-boy’s?” inquired the boy.

“Yeah, we’re very close friends actually,” answered the woman. She sighed.

“Oh, is that so?” sneered the boy with an all-knowing smirk on his face.

“No, it’s not like that,” said the woman, reddening slightly at Gary’s implications. “I just haven’t seen him in a while, and I heard he going to be coming home soon, so I thought I’d surprise him is all. We’re not- I mean, he’s not- we aren’t like that,” she said with a slight frown.

The boy picks up on the frown, but decides to ignore it, he just heard something more important. “Ash is coming back to Pallet Town? Does that mean he’s going to compete in the Kanto League Championship?” asked the boy.

“Yeah, he- wait a minute, how do you know about that?” asked the woman suspiciously. “It hasn’t been officially announced yet.”

“Well when you’re the grandson of Professor Oak, you hear a lot of interesting things,” answered the boy with a smirk.

“Professor Oak’s grandson? Wait a minute! I know you! You’re Gary Oak, aren’t you?” exclaimed the woman.

The boy flicked his nose with his thumb in a self-satisfied. “I see my reputation precedes me,” said the boy.

“Not really,” answered the woman with a shrug. “I just know your name because Ash told me about you.”

Gary sweat-dropped. “Way to kill a guy’s mojo,” he said. “And what would your name be?”

“Oh, I’m Cynthia- Cynthia Shirone, nice to meet you Gary,” said the woman.

Gary’s jaw dropped. “Cynthia Shirone? The Cynthia Shirone?! The Sinnoh Region Champion Cynthia Shirone?” he exclaimed.

“That’s me,” Cynthia said with a smile.

“How on Earth did Ashy-boy get himself the Sinnoh Champion as a girlfriend?!” shouted Gary. “Oh man, Brock’s going to kill Ash once he finds out.”

“G-g-g-girlfriend?!” squealed Cynthia, her voice an octave higher than usual. “W-w-what are you talking about?! I’m not Ash’s- I mean, me and him aren’t like that!” she cried out as she started to blush.

“Wait, you’re not?” asked Gary confused.

“N-no, I’m not!” shouted Cynthia, panting slightly. ‘Why am I getting so flustered for?’ Cynthia asked herself.