Chapter Twenty Eight

My Very Dearest Lana,

College is a rite of passage, something which every human being on this planet needs to go through in order to grow and improve upon themselves. I know it’s hard, and I hate being away from you just as much, but just think, that in a few months time, you never have to go back. If you want to, we could spend every minute of everyday together, never leave the apartment, lost in one another.

I’m glad you said something, my darling, it needed to be done. Someone needed to stand their ground and stand up to them and make them realize just how much they were hurting their so called friends. You never know, one day, maybe they’ll remember how great a friend you were and apologize and everything will be forgotten, apart from the wonderful memories you shared once upon a time.

You should invite a few of your friends over to the apartment one weekend, I could get some of my old school friends together, maybe do some match making. I would love to get to know them more, they seem lovely, they make me laugh. I would love to meet Jimmy, I think more than any of your other friends. You should trust Rumer, she really does know about these things, she’s had her fair share of arguments and problems. She would understand what you’ve been going through more than anyone else, more than me.

How did it go with James? I bumped into a certain somebody and I got the impression you would be attending that certain somebody’s album launch?

I just can’t help but feel a little responsible. I was the one who created this divide between the three of you, who exposed you to designer dresses and premieres and other celebrities. However, one thing I am certainly not sorry for is the fact that you feel good about yourself. You are, in all honesty, the most beautiful girl I have ever known. I wouldn’t lie about such a thing, and I’m glad that me telling you that has given you enough self worth to not take the crap people have been giving you.

Devon has been lovely, it’s given me a chance to breathe the fresh air, to get away from the smog and the pollution of London. I love seeing my sister, we were close before I moved to LA and I miss that. More than all that, I adore seeing my nephew and niece. You’ll simply have to meet them, they’re wonderful, and whenever they laugh, in that way children do, with glee, I know that I would give up almost anything if it meant that they were happy. I know this, I really do. They asked me lots of questions about you, they haven’t even met you and they seem as if they’re already in love. I feel as though I finally have the thing my sister felt when she met her husband, I hope that doesn’t scare you.

I miss you too, but I’ll be back by the weekend, just a few days more.

Yours Utterly,

Kit

P.S. It’s more than an achievement, it’s such a rare opportunity. The decision is one hundred percent yours, however, if I had one piece of advice for you, it would be to follow your heart and your passion. If you are passionate about Biology, go to Cambridge, if you’re passionate about being a rockstar, pursue the band. Can you talk to a teacher about it? Maybe a friend in the year above, who’s already spent a year at university?

I love you.

* * *

Lovely Kit,

I understand this, but it’s still difficult, when you’re sitting in a Chemistry lesson, thinking about how obsolete all of it will be if I choose to follow my music. It’s a waste of my time in one way, time I could be spending writing songs with Tris, on the other hand, it would seem such a waste of my years of education if I just gave up now.

I’m glad I said something too, but tomorrow is going to be difficult because I haven’t spoken to either one of them, nor have I heard from any of my other friends. I spent yesterday with James, and then the band in the evening; it was a good distraction. I hope no one’s mad at me, I mean, obviously the two of them will be mad, but my other friends, the ones that truly matter to me.