Chapter 189 - Friends For Life 1

Once Onita joined Alicia,they moved towads the cafeteria to grab their lunch.Unknown to them,Qi Cheng was observing them from a distance as he followed them.Once the two girls were settled,Qi Cheng approached the table.He had a mission to fulfill.They needed to go to the club tonight.The reason was simple-he wanted to get to know her more and what better way than going out together.He knew,he could easily foil whatever plan Janet had in mind.Heck,he could even save the damsel in distress..As Alicia was about to take a bite of her sandwich a shadow fell over her.She looked up to see Qi cheng standing there with his hands on his hɨps.Looking up,she stared at him and raised a brow questioningly.Looking into her eyes,Qi Cheng almost lost his train of thought but remembered at the last moment and said in an arrogant way,"You two owe me a meal."

Hearing this both Alicia and Onita were shocked,Onita thought to helself,"Master Qi,aren't you rich?then why are you trying to get a meal out of us?Alicia on the other hand had no qualms asking the same question loudly,"Qi Cheng...why are you begging for food?"

Qi Cheng's face tured red at this and pulling a chair,he sat down uninvited and burst out,"The two of you have veen insulting me again and again and now you would not even apologize by buying me a simple meal.I am only trying to be kind and give you a chanch to make it up to me and you are calling it begging!Alicia only stared at him and without bothering to reply began eating a sandwich.Seeing her eating so casually,he decided to turn his focus on Onita.He looked at the plate full of veggies on Onita's plate.She had not touched anything yet and was only staring at him.With as smile,Onita pushed her plate towards him and said,"Since I am at fault here young master Cheng,please accept this food as my apology.

Qi Cheng looked down at the plate in disgust and said,"Do I look like a cow
you?There is not a single piece of meat there!I want real food and not grass!Meet me at The Renaissance Club in the evening!My driver will be hrre to pick you up..."Not giving either girl chance to respond,Qi Cheng mved back his chair and went away.

Alicia shook her head at the boy's arrogance and made no plans to go tonight.The boy thought too much of himself,the way he gave orders.Alicia Lu took orders from no one!But Onita was a different stiry altogether.

Shecaught Alicia's hand which was on the table between both of her hands.She could read the expression on her bff's face and knew that Alicia had no intention of coming.With a pleading look in her eyes,Onita said,my father is business partners with Qi Corp. so I cannot afford to offend him..Please Alicia let us just go in the evening?In fact,I do not think anyone in ths country can afford to offend the mighty Qi's.So pretty please!Can we go tonight.?"

Alicia sighed at the persistence and said,"Onita,my home s too far from here and there is no point in going home to change and come back.Secondly i do not go clubbing so I do not have any appropriate clothes as well.You go and make up some excuse for me as well.."

"No!",came the adamant reply.Making her expression loke that of a puppy dog Onita said,"Please Alicia!Please come with me.I am going to need moral support to apologize.And my house is closer so we will go to my place and get ready.I'll ask my stylist to get some clubbing clothes for you..."

And Alicia had been snowballed into going tothe club.As she drove her car towards the Dew residence,she wondered when she had become a push over.But then she realized that it was not about being a push over.This last month,she had been under so much stress that her brain was not as sharp as it used to be.Deciding to look at the positive aspect and let her hair down,she decided to have fun.She texted Ryu her plans,asking him to not wait for dinner.

At the Dew Residence:

Though Onita's house was nearer to the university,it was still located in a residential area for the rich.It's proportions were similar to that of Alicia and Ryu's house but the difference was of security.Their house had mostly high end alarm systems and manual security wasnext to none.Her car had no problem entering the area and she was also allowed entry into the mansion with ease.Once inside,Onita who had just alighted her car,held Alicia's hand and dragged her into the house.From opeming the door to taking off the slippers,the Dew mansion had an army of servants.Onita was used to this but Alicia found it difficult to swallow.She had a middle class upbringing but even after her marriage to her hubby,she had not imagined such extravagance.

Onita looked at Alicia's awkward look and smiled,whispering in her ear,"My parents are pretty pretentious.They like to flaunt their wealth..so these employees are here for for show..."

Alicia nodded her head at the explanation and thanked the fates that her hubby was a normal man.What Alicia had not realized was that amongst the rich,her hubby was the only abnormal one!