Chapter 79

No matter how many times Diana asked Remus about where they were going, every time he only smiled mysteriously, saying, "You'll see."

      After a while, she noticed that they were headed down the marble staircase inside the entrance hall, toward a part of the castle she'd never been to before. He then turned left at the bottom of the staircase and Diana followed him through a large door. Behind the door, there was a flight of stone steps.

Diana was expecting the dingy staircase to lead them in a gloomy underground passage just like the dungeons, but she was surprised to find herself in a broad stone corridor, brightly lit with torches, and decorated with cheerful paintings that were mainly of food.

"Er... Lupin? Care to explain what's going on in your head right now?" Diana asked, looking all around her. They were both still soaking wet from head to toe, the cold weather making it harder for them to get dry.

"What's going on in my head right now is that why you're still calling me by my last name," said Remus, a gentle smile on his lips.

Diana made a face at him. "You do realize that kidnapping is illegal, right?"

"You do realize that you can trust me, right?"

"Stop turning my questions into your own questions!"

"Then stop asking questions!"

"You did it again!"

"Technically, that one wasn't a question," Remus said wittily.

Diana gave him a deadly look as they were walking down the long corridor. "You're lucky that you're pretty."

He smiled cheekily, looking at her sideways. "So you think I'm pretty?"

"The point of that sentence was that if someone else kept arguing with me like that, I would've punched them twice by now. And only one time in the face."

Remus chuckled. "I don't know... I really enjoy arguing with you. It's fun. Besides, you look cute when you're angry."

Trying to hide the blush that ran across her cheeks and out of things to say, Diana stuck her tongue at him.

"Wow. That's very mature," Remus said sarcastically, grinning.

"Oh, shut up," Diana mumbled, though she couldn't help but to smile, no matter how much she tried to suppress it.

"Okay, we're here," said Remus, finally stopping with anticipation all over his face.

Diana became even more confused when she turned and saw that he was looking up at a large picture of a giant fruit bowl.

"Good to know you've finally lost your mind," she said jokingly, crossing her arms.

"You sure about that?" Remus lifted one eyebrow at her in a playful manner.

"Oh yes, I'm pretty sure."

"Well, in that case..." Remus then stretched out his forefinger, and tickled the huge green pear.

Diana opened her mouth to mock him again, but to her surprise, the pear began to squirm and giggle, and suddenly a large green door handle appeared upon it. With a little smile, Remus seized the handle and pulled the door open, standing aside for Diana to walk forward and take a better look inside.