Chapter 35

MUKTA

'Hmmmm wash properly... should I get you one more bucket full of water?' I asked Rudra Dada who kept washing his face. He was completely drenched in the muddy mess and I like a genius misunderstood him to be a zombie.

How intelligent is my overactive brain!!!

'Yes Vanni...I would need one more bucket full of water...there is so much mud in my ears and nose' he said and I smiled and went towards the well and began pulling another pot full of fresh water. When I felt a pair of eyes boring into me and I shivered at that fierce gaze but I was pretty much pissed.

'Are Jalebi...let Rudra Beta (son) go and take a hot water bath na...he will feel better... and then I've done arrangements for you all to stay...our house is a little smaller, hopefully you could adjust' Anandi Tai said humbly to which Pattu spoke up...

'Are aunty...chill...I absolutely love this place, so much greenary and it's so cool...look up na Omkar Anna we can even see stars... such a clear sky...and the air is also so fresh... aunty we are going to have fun...I hope you don't mind that my husband and I decided to join in suddenly actually we couldn't go for a honeymoon...we had planned a lavish one but everything got cancelled because of his crappy work schedule... and now that I'm pregnant... Imagine when our child asks us where did we go on a honeymoon what will we say...
You tell me aunty...hence this...how is my idea' she said and Anandi Tai pressed her lips tight trying to hide her smile at our Pattu's big mouth which runs like a machine gun.

'But we are very happy that you all came here... specially you JaawaiBaapu (son in law)... Your Jalebi was very low since she came here...she missed you a lot...looks like our girl is completely smitten by her husband...' and my cheeks went red the way Anandi Tai addressed him. I didn't know what to say. I could feel his piercing gaze on me but I didn't dare to look in his direction.

I didn't know why was he here? Specially after all the show down between us.

Tai asked everyone to freshen up while I was helping Tai in arranging the dinner table for everyone. However the girls whom I noticed running around with Rithu since morning were all invisible suddenly.

I ignored and began making Bhakris for everyone. While Pattu joined me...

'Sorry Pattu...I'm a overthinker...I don't know what I thought about you' to which she picked a piece of Bhakri and began chewing and said...

'Big deal Shizuka Vanni...Rudra got punched and Omkar Anna hahaha that was funny' saying she began laughing like a little kid. To which I smiled too but suddenly she spoke up...

'Why did you lie and come here Vanni...I know Omkar Anna can be dumb at times... after all he is Rudy's bro but how can you forget... he's also my bro!!! We share emotions... and Vanni he loves you' she said while my heart dropped for a minute and my eyes filled up and I walked away for once...

'Pattu...I think you must see if Rudra got ready'

'You love him too na Vanni...the reason why you walked away like that...but trust me Vanni...Anna really lo'

'Pattu stop!!! Please...you...you are hungry and now that you are pregnant too...you are my responsibility here...eat your food and take your multi vitamins. I want you to take care of yourself ok sweetie?' I asked caressing her cheek and she nodded.

We served food to everyone while I was asked to serve Omkar and given a chance I could pour it all on his head. How I wish.

Post dinner, I was helping in cleaning up the table and reheating food. When I was in kitchen I suddenly felt a hot breath in my ears...