Chapter 59

The Slytherin Common Room was dark as usual, filled with students lounging around, trying to enjoy the weekend.

Mason was sitting on one of the sofas with his arms crossed across his chest. His eyes narrowed slowly as he stared at his best friend standing across the room, accompanied by a girl. They started laughing at something, making Mason feel sick to his stomach.

Feeling disgusted, he stood up and started walking towards the door.

"Hey!" He heard Zane's voice. "Mason, where are you going?!"

"Like you care," he muttered under his breath without turning back.

"Mason!"

Ignoring Zane, he left the Slytherin Common Room and started walking away, eager to get out of the dungeons. He placed his hands in his pockets while letting out a frustrated sigh. Esther was a nice girl, he knew that, but he hated seeing her with Zane nonetheless.

Since he couldn't come up with a better idea, he ended up going to the library. He felt like he could use some peace and quiet anyway.

It was obviously the weekend, there were barely any students in there, not like he minded that.

He started walking towards the back, wanting to be as far away from other people as possible.

When he entered an aisle at a usually deserted part of the library, he noticed a dark-haired guy sitting there, who was quick to notice him as well.

"Oh, it's Mia's brother," he greeted him with a small smile. "Hello, Mason Malfoy."

Clearing his throat, Mason turned his back to him.

"Leaving so soon? Again?" Eamon asked. "Do you have no business in here either?"

Sighing, he turned around to face him. "I didn't intend on interrupting you, I can just go to another aisle."

"And why would you do that?" Eamon raised an eyebrow at him. "Come here, I don't bite," he pulled the chair next to him out.

Mason gulped. "Don't you want to be alone?"

"I don't mind your company," the Ravenclaw smiled.

"You don't even know me," Mason frowned.

"That's funny," Eamon leaned back in his seat. "Last time you asked me if I didn't know you, but now you're saying that I don't know you... That's kind of confusing, don't you think?"

Mason looked away from him, thinking.

"Well, we can just get to know each other, then," Eamon shrugged. "Come sit."

"Am I a dog, or what?" Mason grimaced, but went to sit down next to him anyway.

"Seems like it," Eamon broke out in a grin. "Good boy."

His heart skipped a beat. Furrowing his brows, he was about to stand up, but Eamon spoke again.

"Mason, stay," he commanded, leaving Mason speechless.

The Slytherin just started at him with wide eyes, not believing his ears.

"That's right," Eamon nodded, satisfied. "Here's your treat," he handed him a book from his pile.

Mason was visibly confused. "My treat?"

"Would you prefer something else?" Eamon tilted his head to the side. "Should I pet you instead?"

He reached one of his hands out, but Mason slapped it away quickly.

"You're insane," Mason muttered, feeling flustered.