[twenty eight - oh shit]

*flashback*"hi! welcome to coffee beanery,can i get you anything?"the prissy blonde at the counter asked

*flashback*
"hi! welcome to coffee beanery,can i get you anything?"
the prissy blonde at the counter asked.

keith hummed,sticking his handos in his pockets.
"uh,what else you got besides coffee? i'm not a fan."

"we have tea,hot chocolate,smoothies. we have energy drinks as well! could i interest you in one of our twenty flavors? we have mango,blueberry crush,strawberry-"

"you know what,just give me a blueberry muffin and a water,please."
he cut her off awkwardly.

she rung him up before giving him his items,as he took them finding a seat in an empty booth.

keith shrugged off his jacket,looking around the nearly empty coffee shop,before sipping his water.

he checked his watch for the time before a ding rang out,signifying that someone had come into the shop.

keith heard the blonde greet sincere as she walked in before taking a seat across from him.

"sorry i'm late."
she smiled before shrugging off her jean jacket.

"you're good. anyways,you wanted to talk?"
he asked,taking a bite of his muffin.

"yes. i just wanted us to get to know each other a little better."
she nodded with a sweet smile.

keith hummed.
"sincere,where is this coming from? we talked once or twice,at the most,freshman year,all of a sudden you wanna be buddy buddy?"

she shrugged.
"i'm doing this experiment for study union where i see how many friends i can reconnect with in a month,besides i think we have a lot to catch up on."

he tilted his head.
"so i'm an experiment?-"

"no,no!"
she chuckled,making keith let out a sigh.

"i just thought it would be good to talk and rekindle our friendship. so,what have you been up to?"
she asked.

"the usual,football,engineering,there's not much to talk about."
he said uninterested.

she hummed.
"great,and what about your friends? any plans for the weekend after the game tomorrow? homecoming?"

keith shook his head.
"it's my friends birthday,so we're gonna go to a club after the homecoming is finished."

"taking anybody?"
she asked.
he shook his head.

"nope,i'm at home for a majority of the weekend."
he shrugged.