Chapter 13

Sherlyn walked inside the cafe where Amelia worked, she needs to talk with someone and she know Amelia is the one.

Sherlyn stood by the door as she watched Amelia talk with a guy, who is wearing a leather coat, in harsh whisper, which looked like they are arguing about something. The guy dashed out of the cafe, past Sherlyn.

"Sherlyn." Amelia gave a smile which didn't reach her eyes.

"Hi Amy, how are you?" Sherlyn asked.

"I am fine, do you want coffee or latte?"

"One latte, and my friend." Sherlyn smiled.

"Coming up in five minutes." Amelia laughed.

"Are you okay?" Sherlyn asked, "I saw you having an argument with a guy, when I entered the cafe."

"That's Kevin." Amelia sighed.

"Kevin your boyfriend?" Sherlyn asked as she remembered Amelia tell about her boyfriend, who works in a local bar.

"Yes, he said he wants money to invest in something, and he was here to burrow money from me."

"And you gave?"

"No, I don't have money now and he is upset." Amelia sighed. "I paid Riley's boarding school fee this month, so, kinda of broke till the month end."

Riley was Amelia's little brother, who was studying in a boarding school, after their parents left them to lead their own lives.

"I am sorry, I wish I could help you." Sherlyn said placing her hand on Amelia's hand.

"It's okay, I still have my savings." Amelia said, "Leave about me, you tell, what's new? Did something happen?" She asked Sherlyn.

"You kissed him!" Amelia exclaimed, as Sherlyn filled in the details.

"Shh..." Sherlyn shushed Amelia, embarassed as she looked at the people, looking in their direction. "Can you keep your voice down." She whispered.

"I am sorry." Amelia apologized, "You kissed him!" She whisper shouted.

"No, he kissed me first and... I reciprocated." Sherlyn said as she looked down into her cup of coffee.

"How was it?" Amelia asked clapping her hands.

"It's good." Sherlyn mumbled.

"Good! That's it?" Amelia asked looking at Sherlyn.

"Well... It was great, there were butterflies and everything, it felt like magic... Like I was teleported into some other place." Sherlyn blushed.

Amelia wolf whistled making Sherlyn blush beetroot red.

"Did you two talk about it?"

"No... That's the problem." Sherlyn sighed placing the coffee cup on the table, "He was acting like the kiss never happened, he didn't even spare me a glance when I went to Soccer field to watch the match. And even when the college is over, he didn't make any move."

"May be he was giving you time, trying not to over whelm you." Amelia advocated for Ardeth.

"It's so confusing and frustrating." Sherlyn groaned, "He pulls me into a corridor, kiss's me suddenly and behaves as if nothing happened!"

"Do you...love him?" Amelia asked twirling her coffee.

"No..." Sherlyn said making Amelia raise a brow. "I mean I kinda like him, I think I have a crush on him but love is a big word now."

"Hmm... I would advice you to keep your calm and let him make the move." Amelia advised placing the porcelain cups in the tray.

Sherlyn was laying in the bed, reading the book that she burrowed from the library earlier that day, when her phone chimed with a message.