13

Killian sits in his hospital bed with handcuffs to keep him in place.

A bit ironic, considering his physical state.

The hospital staff patched him up and hooked him up to an iv.

When he awakens, he's greeted by nonother than the Sheriff.

" You know... I'm growing tired of constantly looking at you," Killian groans.

" Then close your eyes, " Emma says, " Where Cora?"

Killian tries to move, but now notices his hand cuffed to the bed.

" Again? You're really annoying, aren't you?" He chuckles, " Damn, that hurts."

" Told you. Cracked a few ribs," She says as she crosses her arms, " Where's Cora?"

" Where's Scarlett?" Killian asks.

Emma tenses up, but keeps her cool demeanor.

" Answer my question," She says.

" Answer mine," He says.

The two are at a standstill. Killian won't talk until he knows where Scarlett is, and Emma won't talk until she knows where Cora is.

" I have no idea where Cora is. She has her own agenda," Killian sighs, " Now, if you will be so kind to tell me where Scarlett is."

" I have no idea, " Emma says, " You know her. She always has her own agenda."

Killian's jaw tightens. If it wasn't for the cuffs and the fact that he got hit by a car, he would've punched the Sheriff.

" If you wanted to reunite with her so badly... why did you go after Gold instead of finding her?"

Killian pauses. He looks off to the side as he asks himself that question.

Why didn't he find Scarlett?

Emma rolls her eyes and walks out of his room where she finds her parents waiting.

" Did he tell you where Cora is?" Mary asks.

" No. He doesn't know," Emma says as she shoves her hands in her pockets, " He wants Scarlett."

" Are you gonna tell her?" Mary asks.

Emma bites the inside of her cheek and sighs.

" Not a chance."

Meanwhile, Scarlett sits in one of Storybrooke's very few bars. She sits on the stool and downs her glass of rum.

" Another," She says as she slams the glass on the bar.

" That's your fourth one," The bartender says.

" Did I stutter?"  Scarlett asks.

The bartender sighs, but pours her another drink.

A man walks into the bar and takes the seat next to Scarlett. He orders a whiskey and drops his head in his hands. Scarlett sees the white lab coat out of the corner of her eyes, and recognizes the man to be Dr.Whale.

" What's up, doc?" She asks, " Bad day at work?"

" You... have no idea," Whale grumbles, " So many new patients."

" Like who?" Scarlett asks as she grabs some of the complimentary peanuts and plops them in her mouth.

" I don't know... there's this guy from Pennsylvania... and this... pirate," He says.

Pirate.

Scarlett freezes in her stool and focuses one only one word.

Pirate.

She tilts her head towards the doctor as he gets his drink.

" Pirate?" She asks.

" Yeah," Whale scoffs, " Guy's all banged up. Got him by a car."

" What's his name?" Scarlett asks.

Whale shrugs, then downs his drink.

The brunette gets up out of her chair and uses her powers to blast the doctor into a wall.

" I said... what's his name?!" Scarlett exclaims. 

The bar patrons watch in horror... but no one's brave enough to step up and do anything.

Whale struggles to get his footing in order. He's already nursed a few drinks before coming to the bar. He looks Scarlett in her eyes as he tries to remember. He doesn't talk fast enough for her, so Scarlett raises her hand to choke the man with her powers.

" What... is... his... name."

Whale gasps, the air becoming harder and harder to breath, but eventually, he speaks.

" K-Killian... Jones."

Scarlett's eyes widen. Her brain tries to wrap around what the doctor just said, for she hasn't heard that name in years. Her mind begs her to move, but her body doesn't listen. She's frozen in place, all while continuing to choke Whale. Scarlett retracts her hand, freeing the doctor from her grasp. As the doctor gasps and coughs, Scarlett has only one thing on her mind.

" Killian."