learning

I wake up hearing my alarm going off on my phone at early morning, I turn it off and cover my face with blanket and groan slowly with my eyes still closed.

'I really want to bunk my lectures today.'

Then my memories start coming back and I open my eyes wide in realization. I take the blanket off my face heating to see where will I be. I look around the room I'm in and sit up.

'so it wasn't a dream.' I think smiling a little in relief.

I take my phone and check the time.
5:30 AM

'I could sleep more now that I don't have to go to college but I really wanna check this place out more.'

I get out of covers and go to bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower. I change to my clothes and take my phone then get out of my room. Everyone else are probably asleep this early. I get in a room which looked familiar.

'wait, it's the room from 'the avengers' when agent Coulson meets Mr. Stark at the beginning.'

And to my liking I was not alone in this room.

"hey Kid, what are you doing up so early?" Mr. Stark asked looking up from his work.

"I always wake up this early."

"Sounds tiring."

"I guess I should ask the same question."

"Yeah I was up whole night, trying to set that tracker I was talking about."

"O-oh, s-so how's it going?"

"Slow. It's gonna take a long time."

"H-how long?"

"Can't tell for sure. Few years."

I stare at him with shock and big eyes not sure what to say.

"Just kidding. 2 or 3 days."

I release my breath I didn't know I was holding.

"You had me in the first half not gonna lie." I say laughing while walking to him.

"Glad to know it worked." He shrugs and go back to work. I look at the hologram screens he was working on and as expected I don't understand anything.

"So what until then?"

"We wait."

I sign slowly looking at the screen as he closed it all down.

"Did you eat anything yet?" Mr. Stark asks me.

"No."

"Me neither. Let's get some cheeseburgers." He says standing up and wrapping his arm on my shoulder.

We sit on couch eating our burgers and it was one of the tastiest things I've eaten. No wonder Mr. Stark loves it so much.

"so kid, what do you plan on doing today?"

"I don't have anything to do at this point."

"boring. How about we spend the day, you know, talking. How about you tell me about our future a little bit more."

"W-well I like the sound of that but....I don't wanna mess with the timeline and spoil things."

"Why not."

"I'm not even sure why, I guess because that would be wrong. I can't just prevent things from happening."

"So what would you do here if you could never go back and get stuck here?"

"I...I-..well...it's um you know....w-wait, I can't go back?"

"No no, that's not what I said but just in case. What would you do?"