XXIV.

"It should be a crime to be this fine," I spoke to myself, looking in the mirror

My phone began to buzz and I could see it was Kilante calling, I answered it immediately.

"Hey," I breathed in, feeling relieved to be hearing his voice.

"Hey, how's the trip so far?"

"It's been.. good, me and Boog are about to go out to the beach in a few. How's work?" I smiled into the phone, turned off the bathroom light, and laid down on the Queen sized bed.

I began to hear the phone ring in my ear, and it was Killa calling me on FaceTime. I switched the call over and watched as his face appeared on the screen. 

"Why didn't you just call me on FaceTime in the first place?" I pulled in my bottom lip to keep myself from blushing.

Seeing him after being away for only a day made me miss him even more. I was enjoying Florida for the most part, but I wish it was a vacation I got to spend with him.

"Hearing your voice made me want to see your face, you know I can't resist you,"

I took that as a moment to tease him, scanning the phone over my body to show off my bikini. I let him get a good look before pulling the phone back up to my face.

"See, you know what you doing," he shook his head and wiped his face with his hand.

"I do, I wish you were here," I poked my lip out and tilted my head over to the side to get comfortable in the bed.

"Nah, we wouldn't have been going to the beach," He chuckled deeply. "I want you to have a good time though, just wanted to check in."

"You're at work?"

"Almost done, gotta wrap up a few more meetings and I'll be free,"

I jumped, hearing a loud pound at the door. "Iris, you up?"

"Yeah, hold on," I blew out, trying to relax the heart palpations I was experiencing.

"That's Boog?" Kilante spoke, rubbing his hand over his head.

"Yes," I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Hope he's not giving you a hard time. I just didn't want you out here by yourself, there's some crazy people in this world,"

"Like you?" I said raising an eyebrow.

Kilante raised his and smirked, "We not talking about me,"

"You don't think I can handle myself?" I propped my head up with my hand and began to engage myself into the conversation.

"I didn't say that," He twisted his eyebrows and looked at me, puzzled.

"It was implied, I don't want you out here by yourself, there's some crazy people out here dadadada. You afraid someone is gonna take me away from you?"

Before he could even respond, there were several knocks on the door. "Damn, you taking a shit?"

"I'm coming," I sighed and forced myself out of the bed, and made my way toward the door.

"Move a little faster, I'm tryna be outside where the bitches at"

"I guess I'll go, are you free tonight?" I looked down at my phone as I struggled to put on my sandals.

"Always free for you, I'll see you tonight baby," he smiled and ended the call.

"You get on my nerves" I opened the door for Boog, and finished getting my things together.

"You sure? I thought it would've grown on you by now, oh well. Where you wanna go to first?"

"I kinda want to go jetskiing, go out for drinks, go out to eat and see what else is out here,"

"Sounds like a vibe to me," He slapped his fist against the palm of his hand. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah, let me just get my 𑁋" I looked up and down for my purse, but nothing.

"Where's my purse?" I started to feel my heartbeat out of my chest, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions so fast. Maybe I just misplaced it.

I searched high and low, but couldn't find a thing.

"When's the last time you had it?" Boog asked.

"Last night, but I know for a fact I brought it back with me," I shook my head and tried to take a deep breath.

"Look, you ain't touched a bill since you got here so don't stress. We'll go out and have a good time and when we come back we can look for it."

I tried to let the irritation in my body subside, but I hate this feeling. My entire life is in that purse.

"The money doesn't bother me, it's the fact that my purse had to have been stolen. Someone could do fraud in my name, my stuff, my𑁋"

"Relax," Boog spoke and grew closer to me. "Chill, foreal. You can't figure shit out with a clouded mind. Let's go out and have a good time, okay?"

He placed his finger beneath my chin and looked down at me. "We'll find it,"

"Can you not touch me please," I let out an uncomfortable laugh and pushed his hand away.