14.Under My Skin

*still unedited btw

A/N

Hey,
Hope ur doing all well in your life's and mostly school life's .... So since its Friday I'm sure you wouldn't mind reading a chapter of mine. So here it is babess...

And thank you so much for 50K. Ily so so so much 🍓🎈

Enjoy ;)

                         ~ Rene ~

" Are we clear peach?" his serious tone, runned through my ears once more, making me nodd in response. He screeched his neck one more time, before taking his leave. My breathing was calm, and my heart beats went back to normal. My legs were still shaking a little but except that, everything seemed fine.

"I'll fuckingg love you the way I want to, Re!" those words were all over my head, processing everything that happened just some moments ago. A smile curved on my lips, thinking about it. He was Chris after all.

What I don't get is... Was that a love confession or... Fuck. I can't get this out of my mind until I have a answer, but I can't just ask him. I am mad at him, right??... I should stay mad.. For forever. No, not forever... Its too long.. Until school finishes. Probably... Probably not. But one thing for sure, I'm keeping the promise I made to myself this time.

Meanwhile, my phone rang and the moment that I read the name on it, I wanted to throw it away. It was my stepmom. I decided to just go with it.

" Rene, sweetheart how are you?" she asked through the phone, in an almost sad tone. " God, I've missed you. How's school been going?"

" Fine." I answer. "Everything's been fine." How are you guys holding up? How's dad? "

" We're doing good, here. Dad has been working as always. You know him. He's always like that. " she said.
" I called you because we want you to be here for thanksgivings.. We also have a surprise for you."

The least thing I wanted to do on my free time.

" I have so-ome.. " she interrupted me.

" Sweetheart its thanksgivings..,please,think about it. Its important... You can take a friend with you as well.. So maybe you won't feel alone. "

" Fine, I'll think about it."

" Ahh.. Thank you dear. I'm doing you're favorite soup."

" See you"

" Come as soon as possible sweetie!"

I hung up the phone, laying on the bed. I take a deep breath and close my eyes, thinking about everything that's been going on... Family... Chris... Ale.. Ahh, I need a good sleep.

....

Some little noise woke me up from my deep  sleep.

" Hey did I wake you up?" she asked concerned.

" No, I needed to wake up anyway. What's you been up to?" I ask her, but she huffed at my answer, throwing herself on her bed.

" Family problems..." she replied. " Everything feels so heavy sometimes. I need to head home for thanksgivings, cause she's alone and she hates being alone."

" Did the divorce happen?"  I ask out of curiosity.

" It's in a week or so."

" I get it.. I'm leaving tomorrow after school as well. My family wants me there for thanksgivings . I thought you   could come but I guess that can't happen. "