22.

Death By Mauling.

Saint Drake Dante.

"What are you talking about father?" Renallo growled as he looked at his father, I was still in my wolf form waiting to hear what the man had to say, he was the one who claimed that the wolf who had attacked me was a traitor meaning he knew him. "Recognize your beta Renallo." Alpha Hunt hissed as his eyes pierced the wolf's very soul, when the words he had spoken finally sunk in all the wolves from the Niari pack finally recognized one of their own, and to me it finally made sense. If the wolf was the beta, he could've easily told the patrol not to go into a certain area leaving a window open for the hunters to come in and lay in wait for the right time, it didn't explain why I was attacked specifically unless he had come to the same conclusion his alpha had once come to, I had a hand in the deaths of his friends, which I didn't but this time I would have a hand in his death.

"It can't be you Edwards, why?!" Renallo demanded and his beta seeming to overspill with guilt just remained silent. Murmurs and whispers began to go around as Edwards was forced to shift back due to exhaustion. "I'm sorry he attacked you Sir Dante, it was wrong of me to attack you without reason." Renallo apologized but Kyro only scoffs. "Why did you do it?" Cornell demands as a group of wolves carrying clothes come over to us handing them out. "Speak!" Alpha Hunt yells in anger, I knew the reason, revenge and the subtle yet undeniable need to cover up what he had done to me all those years ago, but his plan had backfired enormously, he was supposed to aim for me and not get so many wolves involved, hoped they picked me up and killed me, it only made covering up this mess worse, I wondered where Edwards mate was, shouldn't it be mourning time since he would die tonight.

"I wanted power, and the only way to get it was through killing a lot of specified people, plus collateral which no one would suspect but the hunters betrayed me and hence why I'm here at your mercy." Edwards snarled, the alpha who was closest to him punched him, his jaw cracked, I heard it and so did every other wolf around. "Try that again, power doesn't lead wolves to massacre their own kind, power doesn't lead to specific assassination, you're the beta of the pack, you have more power and sway only next to the alpha, so why under the goddess's moon did you betray us!" Alpha Hunt yelled as his hands changed to claws and he dragged them down Edward's chest, breaking skin and showing a bit of bone and tender flesh inside. "I told you already!" The wolf replied his tone in between a wail of pain and anger to hide shame. "Traitor, murderer." Kyro began. "Traitor, death!" As Cornell said his words my wolf howled to the wind calling on others and the goddess herself to watch this.

"We have several hunters alive and they have spoken their true intent, murderer." A man I assumed was the head warrior exclaimed as he shifted and began to stalk toward Edwards, the frightened man shoved his shame aside and began to growl at the head warrior, all the wolves around him snarled and low growls made him realize he was a lone wolf among a pack of bloodthirsty wolves. "By law of our forefathers, any wolf who betrays his own kind for personal gain leading to the deaths of many shall not be shown mercy, he will be killed with the goddess as witness and his pack to bid farewell to the wolf whose spirit shall depart." Lincoln recited what was practically ancient law and all wolves were to obey, that is why when he finished those who stood in their human forms shifted, they had to bid him farewell, and he had to die, alpha Hunt was first to walk past his warrior and strike Edwards, it was as if his jaw had come loose, standing up I walked past the wolves, even the alpha, Edwards looked at me then scoffed even in pain. "So you finally got us all huh, you might or might not—" He spits out blood. "Have a hand in the deaths of my friends but you surely played your cards right, you made sure I had your scent on me so that the moment we encountered each other here, your mate and his brother would make sure they killed me." I listened to Edwards whisper, I knew he was right but I wouldn't have my mate or brother kill him, I would do it first, in a swift motion I sunk my fangs into his neck crushed his windpipe, not stopping there I began thrashing his body as he gurgled on blood, applying just enough pressure, I tore his throat out, with the last signs of life leaving his body, the other wolves decimated his body, because that's what he deserved, a death by mauling.

I moved away from the carnage just as the alpha of the Niari pack and his father stood infront of me, one in wolf form the other human. The father bowed his head in respect, I reciprocated the action but as for his son Renallo, there was nothing but anger in his eyes and burning fury directed at me, but he couldn't do anything, he had begun this vicious cycle of killing and it would only end with him finally breaking, death was too good for him. "Lets go." Kyro nudged me and I took comfort in his presence next to me, we walked back to the pack house slowly, that's where our car was. "What an evening, I didn't expect any of this." Lincoln  mumbles and it was true. "None of us did, but that's life, you screw someone over karma screws you over aswell." I reply and in his mind he chuckles. The hunter bodies were being put into bags, those that were still intact, others whose body parts had been torn limb from limb were harder to put together or even recognize.

"I'm glad Deniz was safe from this." Kyro asserts as we cross the tree line and appear in the slight neighborhood of houses and two mansions scattered in it. "Yeah, this was brutal unlike the other fights we've had." Lincoln adds as a wolf I recognized ran up to us. I couldn't hear his mind in wolf form because we weren't bonded in any way so I shifted back and Kyro shielded me with his body  both alphas looked away as I found a pair of torn pants nearby and pulled them on, once done they shifted back, they were naked, all of them but I had seen it all, it just made me a little queasy. "Alpha Cornell." I addressed and he nodded. "Thank you, for defending my family." I assert and he chuckles. "I know good wolves when I see them and I couldn't help not stand with you, also I knew that he had attacked you before, I just couldn't get to you in time but I had to do something the second time." He explains and I realize he was looking out for me. "Thank you, so very much." I exclaimed and he waves it off. "Thank you alpha Cornell, if there is anything we can do for you don't hesitate to find us, I'm Lincoln Dante by the way, that's Kyro my twin and apples, you can call him Saint." Lincoln finally introduces us as he begins to converse with the alpha, it was alpha business so I nodded toward Cornell and moved over to my mate. "Exhausted?" He teases as I slightly put my weight on him. "Very, let's find Deniz and get the hell out of here." I mumbled holding on to him, my saviour.

+++

LMJ