Guy Friends

TRIXIE'S POV:

"I didn't fucking ask for them to be sent!"

I heard Hendrix yelling from downstairs, followed by two gunshots. I sighed softly, leaning against my hand at the kitchen table. The mafia was sinking quicker by the second because of the alliance.

"Ma'am"

I looked to my right as a soldier rushed upstairs and into the kitchen. He had an alarmed look on his face which indicated they needed my help. Not Hendrix, the soldiers.

I followed him into the basement to see everything was a complete mess. Blueprints everywhere, guns lying around on tables, a trail of blood on the floor from whoever Hendrix had just killed.

I walked over to him, grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the basement. He swore under his breath as I closed the door behind us.

"I need to get back-"

"You don't need to do anything" I said, interrupting him "if you don't stop for a second you're going to burn out, you're doing so much at once"

"We run a mafia, Trixie" he said, his tone turning bitter as his voice rose "and if you keep dragging me away from it, we'll lose it and I'll lose the one thing that matters to me"

I raised my eyebrows, nodding my head slowly as he covered his mouth and shook his head "I didn't mean it, Trix-"

"Yeah whatever" I said, walking out of the kitchen. I heard him calling me and then groaning loudly before slamming a door. I rolled my eyes at his tantrum and grabbed my keys, I didn't need this. I glanced through the windows to see him pouring himself a glass of scotch as I shook my head.

But of course, alcohol's the answer to everything isn't it?

I got in my car, starting the engine and driving to Daisy's school whilst still being annoyed at Hendrix. I managed to calm myself down before I got there because I didn't want to worry her at all.

-

I folded my arms across my chest as I stood outside the school with the rest of the parents and carers. An unpleasant breeze swept through my hair, raising all the hairs on my body. I felt a presence behind me and exhaled sharply.

"What do you want?"

He chuckled softly, inching closer to me but not close enough considering there were parents around us. I bit the inside of my cheek, resisting the urge to slap him around his face. I wasn't in the mood to deal with men today. Or at all, for that matter.

"Just wanted to say hi" he said. His voice was low and sounded tired as he spoke into my hair "you know, since we're partners now".

I turned around to face him, glaring at the smirk playing on his perfectly pink lips before looking up at him "your mafia is linked with mine, that's all. This?" I gestured between us both "there's nothing here. You could be dead for all I care, Spear".

His mouth formed an "o" shape as he pretended to be in physical pain from my words. I rolled my eyes as I heard the doors open and children running out.

Turning around again, I spotted Daisy and forced my lips into a plastic smile as she saw me. She ran over to me, holding a flower made out of tissue paper and other strange materials.

"I made you a flower!" she exclaimed, running towards me with a smile. I knelt down to her level, grinning as she handed me the flower, waiting anxiously for my reaction.

"It's almost as pretty as you, Daisy" I said, watching her go all shy and wrapping her arms around me. I laughed over how cute she was and gave her a warm hug before standing up again. She took my hand and we both turned to face Easton who was awaiting for his sister.

"I'll see you back at yours" he said, winking at me. I shuddered in disgust before walking past him with Daisy. I knew he'd be at our place, he always was since the alliance.

-

"Who was that guy?"

"Which guy, Daisy?" I asked. I knelt down to pull her red boots off as she placed both her little hands on my shoulders to hold balance. 

"That guy who was talking to you outside school" she explained. I rolled my eyes internally as I thought about him. He was the last person I wanted to run into and it annoyed me more that Daisy had caught us together, she shouldn't have to worry about that shit.

"Don't worry about it, baby" I said, rubbing her back and standing up as she ran into the kitchen. I walked upstairs, pulling my hair into a ponytail and closing the bedroom door behind me.

HENDRIX'S POV:

"I DON'T CARE!"

I slammed my fist onto the table, hearing several items fall onto the floor. The soldiers stood in front of me, one of them lying dead on the floor cause he couldn't follow instructions.

"Find me the fucking blueprint or I'll put a bullet through all your heads"

I watched them all turn back to their devices, tapping sounds going off as I raised a hand to my forehead, closing my eyes for a second. The mafia was failing, Blue Spear wasn't helping me like they were supposed to and Trixie was mad at me. As if it couldn't get any worse.

"Hi"

I turned around to see Daisy standing in the doorway. I didn't know how much of that she'd seen but I knew from however far she was, she couldn't see the body.

"Daisy? What's wrong? How was school?" I asked, walking over to her quickly. I ushered her out of the basement, taking her up to the kitchen as she looked up at me with a frown.

"I think you should check on Trixie, she seems sad"

"Why?" I clenched my jaw, it was probably because of my inconsiderate actions after I practically yelled at her before she left.

"I don't know, she seemed sad after she was talking to this guy outside school"

"Guy?" my train of thought froze as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What guy was she talking to?"