009 , who haunts your dreams

━━ 009

━━ 009. devil's daughter
who haunts your dreams. . . ❜
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
tw — mentions of abuse.

SCOTT MCCALL HAD DREAMT OF ERIS WALKER and now all he could feel was the burning guilt residing in his stomach, the acid clawing up his throat like a wolf desperate to feel the moonshine on their skin.

Regret took the form of droplets of sweat, coating his skin and leaving his body ablaze as the duvet resting above him felt like a wall of warmth, encasing him in a cage of heat.

He could still see the emerald irises that he used to obsess over when they were young staring at him with a layer of gloss distorting them, silently pleading for his help as the trail of blood that fell from her lips blocked any words from escaping. Her delicate, pale hands clung to the crimson drenched shirt acting as a shield from the real terror of her wound.

The wound he was responsible for.

When they were little, the idea of growing old and living the teenage dream that only movies described as dream-like, was the only thing occupying their innocent minds. Now, that point in time seemed as far off as the dream life they wished they had been granted.

Never would they have imagined they'd be watching one another, one lying on the ground as her life slipped from her mouth in a trail of red, as the other stood, watching, his hands covered in the last pieces of her soul.

As his eyes failed to leave her sight, his body frozen in place, unable to move as he watched the remaining life of Eris Walker slip away as fast as the blood left her body, he wanted to cast out the agony that swarmed his chest with words of fire and resentful glares, because even someone as strong as Scott McCall could not stand to watch as his former best friend slipped away like the innocence they once felt as children.

But even with the lack of help provided by the one responsible for her wounds, Eris still smiled at Scott as if she weren't dying, and as if the boy hadn't betrayed her. And as her last breath was taken before the light in her emerald eyes vanished, her smile never left. As if it were cemented to her face, mockery laced within as it stared at him, the haunting image of her deceased body now implanting in his mind and replacing all the memories they shared in their youth.

Unable to take any more mental torment, Scott McCall awoke with a gasp, his body shaking and covered in a layer of sweat as his eyes burned with tears of guilt. Even in his dreams, the girl with hair of fire haunted his mind, reminding him of the pain he put her through when he walked out of her life.

Every muted cry for help materialized into a bullet that was shot into his chest, her mouth acting as the trigger and sending each small, weaponized object into his body, creating the physical holes that he left mentally for Eris Walker.