Chapter 63

Zhou Shuo was forced to turn around and lifted the hem of his cardigan. Xia Liang saw the dense scars on his back and gasped. 

The scars were new and old. There were knife wounds and bullet scars. One cannot imagine what Zhou Shuo has experienced in the past four years.

"There are so many on the back alone." Xia Liang looked at his back and couldn't bear to touch it. His voice trembled with distress, "Are there any other places?"

"Don't look." Zhou Shuo pulled down his shirt and turned around to hold Xia Liang's hand. "It's all small injuries. After a while, it won't hurt. It's all right now."

Xia Liang was not so foolish, and continued asking, "Just now, you said that you used your military merits to offset your medical and living expenses these past few years. It can be seen that your military merits must not be small. What military exploits did you do?"

Zhou Shuo sighed. Knowing that according to Xia Liang's temper, if he was deliberately pursued, he would not be able to hide it, he pulled him to sit down and explained. 

"Not long after I took Xia Xia there, the ABO clan civil strife happened. The civil turmoil was originally triggered by some omegas who had talent skills but were strictly controlled for various reasons. I heard that Chen Sha, who was escorted back by Du Lanze, also took this opportunity to escape twice. He joined the ranks of the rebellion and stood on the opposite side of those in power, demanding to amend the law and restore their free bodies."

Sure enough, Xia Liang thought that when he learned from Du Lanze about the extremely unequal social status of the three groups of ABOs, he guessed that there would be such a day sooner or later.

Zhou Shuo continued, "At the beginning, the small group of people were weak and the government and the army were not too concerned. They thought it would be fine if they sent more people to suppress it several times. The middle class and a small number of Alphas used this wind of rebellion to cooperate with the Omegas inside and this soon led the war to all parts of the world, gradually becoming a prairie fire."

Xia Liang squinted his eyes. "So, you joined the Alpha-based political and military side?"

"No." Zhou Shuo shook his head. "They were also torn apart due to the influence of various forces. Because of my acquaintance with Wen Ping and Du Lanze, I was classified as a sensitive group at the beginning and was closely monitored. They have repeatedly intimidated and lured me to join the suppression army. In addition to Xia Xia's critical illness, I was really in a dilemma. Fortunately, a neutral faction headed by the Nawell family appeared. They advocated the suppression of extremists on both sides of A and O, maintained a peaceful and stable tripartite social order, and soon won the hearts of the masses. So at that time, I took refuge in the Nawell family and joined their army. After more than three years of warfare, the situation has basically stabilized, so I was able to apply for a holiday and bring Xia Xia back to reunite with you. "

Xia Liang didn't expect that there were so many twists and turns that Du Lanze did not tell him. He digested the information for a while, and asked, "So what is your rank now? I heard Xia Xia mention you have uncles."

"I...I can only say that the opportunity is good. When I joined the army, it happened to be the time when the Nawell family was in danger. After I left Xia Xia with Wen Ping, I followed a few Alphas all the way into the siege and rescued them. After that, I participated in almost every battle. The Patriarch of Nawell relied on me and promoted me to Major."

Xia Liang was taken aback. Although he was a hero in troubled times, Zhou Shuo's promotion speed was exceptional. He really couldn't connect the young man in front of him with the boy who he grew up with and the young general who had made great achievements in the ABO war.

However, the large and small scars on his body are so shocking. If Xia Liang had known that Zhou Shuo was not just treating their child but was also fighting for his life, he might not be able to make up his mind and just let Zhou Shuo go.

Seeing that Xia Liang was silent and did not speak, Zhou Shuo vaguely guessed what he was thinking, so he held Xia Liang's hand and comforted him. 

"The most difficult period has passed and Xia Xia is now healthy. Now, our family of three can finally be reunited..."

Before Zhou Shuo finished speaking, Xia Xia on the side suddenly pouted and threw herself into Xia Liang's arms and said dully, "Mom, don't stay here, go with us. If you don't go back, dad's virginity will not be preserved."

Zhou Shuo's expression changed. "Xia Xia, don't talk nonsense!"

"I'm not talking nonsense. I clearly saw them forcing you to have a blind date with those uncles and aunts you don't know. If you don't go, they will forcibly send people to your bed. Don't think I don't understand anything when I am young. I can also understand!"

Xia Liang was taken aback and turned to look at Zhou Shuo. "What is the situation? Why are they forcing you to go on blind dates?"

"Brother Liang, don't get me wrong. The matter is not as serious as Xia Xia said." Zhou Shuo explained hurriedly, afraid that Xia Liang would doubt his loyalty. "This is just a way  for the Nawell family to hold me for a long time. That's it."

"When they saw that I had been single with a child for four years, they thought I had been living alone for a long time, so they tried every means to introduce me to someone. I told them that my Omega was still alive but they didn't believe it, so they... made some jokes."

"But don't worry, Brother Liang. I've never done anything I'd be sorry for. Even if they send an Omega to my bed, as long as my relationship with you is not broken, I won't suffer too much. They can't control my marriage."

Having said that, Xia Liang still faintly guessed from Zhou Shuo's eager tone of explanation that the situation might not be as optimistic as Zhou Shuo said. Perhaps Zhou Shuo was burdened by himself in places he couldn't see. 

Thinking about this, Xia Liang's face gradually sank--not to mention that Xia Liang is still alive now. Even if he dies and Zhou Shuo really becomes a widower, the marriage issue must also be approved by Zhou Shuo himself.

If it is as true as Xia Xia said, it seems that the so-called "neutrality and equality" of the Nawell family is nothing more than a means to win over the hearts of the people during the war. There is no essential difference between the upper-class nobles who dismantled Du Lanze and his lover.

Thinking of this, Xia Liang raised his eyes and saw Zhou Shuo looking at him worriedly. He temporarily pressed his unhappy heart and pecked at Zhou Shou's lips.

"I will naturally not give in, my Alpha."