𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Thankfully, Monica decided to give the girls a day to rest before their performance in Pittsburgh the following night

Thankfully, Monica decided to give the girls a day to rest before their performance in Pittsburgh the following night. So, Billie attempted to keep herself occupied until she finally received a text from the singer letting her know the coast was clear for her to join him in the studio.

It was quite simple slipping away this time with the girls all using their free day to explore, shop or get some extra sleep. The rented studio was convenient located down the street from their venue, which made for a quick walk.

As she finally makes it up to the room, she can feel her heart pounding in her chest. Ezra had always evoked certain uncontrollable emotions and desires within her, but never the kind of nervousness she feels now. Her fingers wrap around the door handle, and she draws a deep breath before slowly pushing it open.

The studio is small and cozier than she imagined. The mixers and controls are not separated from the booth with glass, as she's usually experienced. Instead, the entire room is insulated for recording with a large, worn out couch and a few stools sprawled out in the space.

There's a few dozen instruments lying around, and the male is currently seated on a stool with an acoustic guitar resting on his knee. The strums echo throughout the room, and his eyes are pressed shut with large headphones covering his ears. It's clear to Billie that he hasn't noticed her arrival yet.

He's humming along to the audio playing in his ears while he continues to strum, mentally off in another world. She barely notices the haze in the room, a thin line of smoke meandering up to the ceiling from an ashtray located on a table across from him. It smells of clove and weed.

His eyes flutter open, fingers reaching for the joint before his attention falls on her. She hasn't made it much further than the door. In fact, she's so encapsulated by him, that Billie can't bring herself to do anything but offer a small wave of her hand.

Ezra immediately moves to take off his headphones, a smile adorning his features as he waves back. "Hey," he greets, "Sorry. I was just figuring out some chords."

"Hi," she echoes, still unable to move. Her fingertips grip at the strap of her purse, eyes flittering around the room. "It's really cool in here. I've never been to a studio like this."

"We tend to book ones like this for when we are working on the instrumentals, rather than vocals," he replies, head tilting towards the couch adjacent to him, "Come sit."

She nods before finding her way to the couch and sitting down. Her fingertips awkwardly pull at the lace trim of her satin slip, purse slumping against one of the velvet cushions. Ezra is looking at her with such a neutral expression that almost borders softness, and she's not sure how to act normally around him.

"Did you want a hit?" He questions, fingertips reaching for the joint and offering it to her. Billie gladly takes it before pressing it to her lips and inhaling deeply. She needed something to take the edge off. The smoke is nearly fragrant as it settles in her lungs, and it almost reminds her of his hand rolled cigarettes.