Chapter 9 - Big Panic

During Lunch...

Tsu: "This food is as good as yesterday, ribbit!"

Mina: "Yeah, it's so yummy!"

Momo: "Agreed. I'm sure lunch here will be amazing!"

With your mouth full of food, you agree with the girls. They giggle and continue talking.

Mina: "I wonder what we'll be doing for hero training today..."

Y/N: "Probably something really cool! I'm super excited about it!"

Tsu: "Me too, ribbit."

Mina: "It's probably gonna be something awesome, like fighting those robots from the entrance exams!!"

Momo: "I think that was a one-time thing."

Mina: "Aww... Still, I bet it'll be super cool!"

A loud ring filled the lunchroom.

Y/N: "What the-"

Siren: "Security Level Three has been breached. Students, please promptly evacuate."

Y/N: "What's Security Level Three?!"

Upper Class man: "It means someone's infiltrated the school grounds! This hasn't happened in three years!! Come on! All of you!"

Y/N: "Ow!! Hey! Stop pushing!"

Students rush to leave the school, pushing and shoving each other in the process.

Kiri: "L/N!! Take my hand!! I'm gonna help you out!!"

You reach out and take Kirishima's hand. He quickly pulls you towards him until you're pressed against his chest. Swarms of students rush past you.

Kiri: "Don't worry, I've got you! You okay? Gh-"

Someone elbows him in the side.

Y/N: "I- ngh- should be asking you that!"

Kiri: "Ha. Yeah- ow!"

Everyone around keeps pushing you, making you press harder into Kirishima's chest.

Y/N: "Ow..."

Kirishima wraps his arms around you to shield you from everyone else. His arms feel strong against your body as he tightens his hold.

Y/N: "Huh?"

You look up and stare at Kirishima's determined face.

Kiri: "Don't worry, L/N! I'll protect you!"

You felt your cheeks go red.

Y/N: "Thank you..."

Y/T: 'Damn it, why am I blushing?!'

Even though, you're getting elbowed in the back, you find it hard to take your eyes of Kirishima's face. However, you snap out of it when he looks down at you. You instantly put your head down, face still red.

Y/T: 'What just got into me? I hope he didn't notice. That was embarrassing...'

A loud engine revving was heard above everyone. You turn your head and spot Iida pressed against the wall.

Iida: "Everybody calm down!! It's okay!! It's just the press!! There's nothing to panic about! It's okay!! We're UA students!! Let's conduct ourselves in manner of those enrolled at the best school!!"

The police arrived and the reporters were escorted off the school grounds. Back to class.

Y/N: "Alright, Class Rep, start us off."

Deku: "Uh, l-let's start by initiating the ceremony for the new class rep... but before that... I... I need to say something! In the end, I think that Iida would be the better man for the job! You proved yourself able to unify people so coolly. And it's my judgement that... Iida becoming class rep is the right choice."

Kiri: "Yeah!! He's got a point! Iida made a great showing back there at the lunchroom!"

Denki: "He reminded me of that warning sign you see on emergency exits!"

Mr Aizawa: "Whatever, just get on with it already. We're not getting any younger here."

Iida: "If it's the wish of the class representative, then I can't refuse!"

Kiri: "Do us proud, Mr Emergency Exit!"

Denki: "Emergency Exit Iida! Don't let us down!"

The rest of the day continued as normal. Soon, it's time to go home. You stand outside the school, waiting for Ashido. After a few minutes, she doesn't come out.

Kiri: "Hey! L/N!"

You turn and see Kirishima. Your heart starts to pound.

Y/T: 'Get a hold of yourself, Y/N! He's a friend!'

Y/N: "Oh! Hey, Kirishima!"

Kiri: "You waiting on anybody?"

Y/N: "Yeah... me and Ashido usually walk home together, but it seems she's not here..."

Kiri: "Well then, why don't I walk you home? It wouldn't be very manly of me to just let you go home alone!"

Y/N: "Are you sure? I don't want to be a nuisance..."

Kiri: "Of course not! Let's go!"

You smile at him and head down the road...

Y/N: "Oh! Your favourite hero is Crimson Riot? I think he's pretty awesome too!

Kiri: "Really?! He's such a chivalrous hero! I want to be the same type of hero!"

Y/N: "I bet you'll be pretty amazing, Kirishima!"

Kiri: "You really think so...? Thanks...!"

Y/N: "Well here's my place, thanks for walking with me."

Kiri: "No problem, L/N! It was nothing, really!"

You smile and head inside.