Chapter 19 - Obstacle Race

Two weeks later... At the Sports Festival...

Iida: "Everyone! Are your preparations complete?! We're set to enter soon!!"

Mina: "Man... I really wanted to wear my costume..."

Tsu: "Well, this way, everyone's on an even playing field."

Shoto: "Midoriya."

Deku: "W-what is it, Todoroki...?

Shoto: "On an objective basis, I think it's easy to say that I'm stronger than you."

Deku: "H-huh?! Y-yeah... I guess so..."

Shoto: "But you've managed to get All Might in your corner. I'm not going to pry, but... I'm going to beat you."

Denki: "Ohoho?! What's this? A declaration of war from the strongest in the class?!!"

Kiri: "Hey, what's with this all of a sudden? Don't spring this on him right before-"

Shoto: "We're not here to play nice and make friends."

Deku: "I have no idea what you want from me... telling me all that. Of course you're stronger than me... I think you probably have the most potential out of everyone in the hero course... looking at it objectively..."

Kiri: "C'mon, Midoriya! Don't be so negative-"

Deku: "Even so. Everyone... even kids from other departments... are aiming for the top. So... I can't just let myself lag behind the rest! So I'm also aiming for the top. With everything I've got!"

Y/T: 'Woah... he's so serious... just like how he was at the USJ... It just means that I've got to do my best as well... I can do this...!'

Present Mic: "It's the freshman stage! And the students are making their entry now! The Department of Heroics, Freshman Class 1-A!!!"

Deku: "S-so many... p-people..."

Iida: "Let's hope that we can perform well with all of these eyes on us. We'll have to get used to this if we want to be heroes."

Kiri: "There's so much pressure... I'm getting nervous. What about you, Bakugo?"

Bakugo: "No way in hell. You're just getting stage fright, shittyhair."

Present Mic: "And following them is Class B!! Here comes Classes C, D, and E from the General Department!! And now here are Classes F, G, and H from the Support Course!"

Midnight: "Alllllright, attention, everyone! The class representative of 1-A will now give their speech! Katsuki Bakugo, take it away!"

Y/T: "Him?!"

Bakugo steps up to the stage and leans into the mic.

Y/T: 'I've got a bad feeling...'

Bakugo: "I just wanna say... I'm gonna win."

Y/T: 'Called it!'

General Studies Student: "Don't push your luck, Class A!!!"

Kiri: "C'mon Bakugo!! Now everyone hates us again!!"

Bakugo: "You're all just steppingstones to my victory."