Chapter 21 - Semi Finals

Present Mic: "All right, everyone, compete your hearts out with the recreation!! After that, it's the final event!! From four teams, sixteen individuals have made it through! It's a one-on-one tournament!!"

Kiri: "Man, I watch this every year! Now I'm going to be a part of it!"

Mina: "Was it a tournament last year too? I forgot."

Sero: "The system changes a bit each year, but it's usually a one-on-one match up."

Midnight: "All right! Now I'll determine who fights who through this lottery. Once the matchups are decided, we'll do a bit of recreation, and then we'll commence. Whether or not the sixteen who will be competing want to join in on the recreation activities is up to them. I'm sure many of you will be wanting to take a breather and preserve your strength. So, starting from the team in first place, let's determine the order-"

Ojiro: "Uhm... excuse me... sorry...! But I want to withdraw."

Deku: "What...? Why, Ojiro...?"

Ojiro: "The truth is... I don't remember anything that happened during the second training round until the last few seconds. I know this is my big chance... and I know it's stupid to throw it away."

Hagakure: "Ojiro..."

Ojiro: "But this is the place everyone earned by using their full power. I wouldn't feel right standing among you without even understanding how I got here. I just can't do it."

Hagakure: "Don't worry about it, Ojiro! As long as you get results at this stage, it's fine!"

Mina: "Yeah, it's not as though I put on the most stellar performance either!"

Ojiro: "You don't understand! This is my pride we're talking about here...! I can't stand the thought of it!"

Class B Student: "Um... I don't remember what happened either. I want to withdraw too... No matter how strong I am, for me, who didn't do anything, to move on in the tournament would defeat the whole purpose of the sports festival."

Kiri: "These guys are so manly...!"

Present Mic: "Well, this is highly unusual..."

Mr Aizawa: "It's Midnight's choice."

Midnight: "This kind of talk is incredibly naïve, my boys. That turns me on! Shoda, Ojiro! You're withdrawn!"

Y/T: 'Did... she just say that turned her on...?"

Midnight: "So the team in fifth will pick two members to advance!"

Class B Student: "If any team should be advancing, it should be team Tetsutetsu. We were trapped in ice most of the cavalry battle anyway, but team Tetsutetsu held a high placement throughout the game."

Midnight: "Then it's settled! Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki will be moved to the brackets!! Here are the matchups!!"

Present Mic: "Okay!! Now let's put the tournament on hold for a moment and enjoy some fine recreation!!!"

Later...

Present Mic: "Are you reeeaaadddyy?! We've got a bunch in store for you!! It's here that you will brawl!! And the only person you can rely on is yourself!! You don't have to be a hero to face hard trials! This will test your body! Your skills! Your soul! Your wisdom and intuition! So let's get started!!! From the department of heroics, Izuku Midoriya!! Versus!!! Hitoshi Shinso from General Studies!! The rules are simple! You win by either rendering your opponent unconscious or unable to move OR getting them to cry uncle!!!! Don't be afraid to hurt each other! We have Recovery Girl waiting in the wings! Obviously, you're not allowed to endanger each other's lives. That'd be brutal! So that's an instant disqualifier. Battle.... START!!!"