Chapter 26 - Rescue Race

After the internship... At class...

Kiri & Sero: "PFFFFFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! IS THIS FOR REAL?!!"

You enter the classroom, instantly hit with Kirishima and Sero wailing with laughter. Bakugo's hair was neatly combed, pretty much the exact opposite of his usual hairstyle.

Bakugo: "Don't laugh! It's stuck and washing ain't fixing it! Fucking...! STOP LAUGHING!!!"

You giggle and sit down. You stay seated until you heard Kaminari's voice.

Denki: "Y'know, the ones who've transformed the most are those three!"

Kaminari points at Todoroki, Midoriya and Iida.

Sero: "Oh yeah! The Hero Killer!"

Kiri: "So happy you're alive! No joke!"

Sato: "They say you got rescued by Endeavor! That's the Number Two Hero for you!"

Todoroki nodded.

Ojiro: "I saw it on the news... something about the Hero Killer and the League of Villains being connected. I shiver just thinking of how the USJ attack would've went with him there."

Denki: "Right... he was pretty scary... buuuuuuut... Didn't you watch the video? I don't know what it was... but didn't you think he was kinda cool, too?"

Iida's face went dark.

Y/N: "Kaminari!"

Denki: "Huh...? Oh! Shit... sorry..."

Iida: "No... it's alright. He was certainly a man of conviction... so I understand why people might find him 'cool'. However, he chose to advance his cause by mean of a 'purge'. And, no matter what beliefs you may hold, that and that alone is an error. And so! I will do whatever it takes to advance as a worthy hero! Now! Class is almost upon us! Take your seats!"

Heroics Class...

All Might: "On to Foundational Heroics Class! It's been a while, boys and girls. In good spirits, I hope. Right on the heels of all your workplace experience, this time we'll mix in an element of play. It's Rescue Training!!"

Iida raises his hand.

Iida: "If it's Rescue Training, then should it not be carried out at the USJ?"

All Might: "No, that place is for disaster rescue. This is a race! This is Ground Gamma!! Where densely packed lanes make this construction site seem more like a complex labyrinth! You'll be split into four groups of five! We'll do the training one group at a time. When I've given the signal, you'll all start simultaneously from outside the limits! This is a competition to see who can come to my aid first!! Of course, keep damage to the surrounding buildings to a minimum!"

All Might points his finger at Bakugo as he says this.

Bakugo: "Don't fucking point your finger at me...!"

All Might: "Start your positions, Group One!"

The race starts and everyone goes for it.

Y/N: "Hmm... I think Sero's going to win."

Kiri: "Me too!"

Mineta: "I think Ashido's going to win. She's got an athletic bod."

Ochako: "My money's on Iida, even if he hasn't fully recovered."

Sero flies into the lead, using his tape to swing past the wreckage with ease.

Kiri: "See! Look! It's a tried-and-true tactic to climb up above in such a busy terrain."

Shoji: "Which would mean that a draft sky-swinger like Sero has the advantage.

Midoriya suddenly jolted to the lead... but slipped on an unstable beam and fell. Sure enough, Sero ended up winning. After class ended, you head back home for the night.