Chapter 39 - It's You, Kiri

You could hear the muffled voices of everyone above you, but you couldn't understand what they were saying. During your panic, you lost your sense of direction and instead of heading to the dorms, you accidently went straight into the forest. You turn back to normal, into a crumpled heap on the mossy floor. You sit on your bum, bring your knees up to your chest and cry into your arms.

Y/N: "Damn it, Mina... I told you not to..."

You sit there crying for quite a while, feeling trapped in your thoughts. You completely lose track of time, until you hear a soft, slightly raspy voice above you.

Kiri: "Y/N..."

You look up to see Kiri's concerned, and relieved face, staring down at you. You could see that he had been crying a little too. You look back down and turn your body to water, but before you could sink away, Kiri tries to throw his arms around you.

Kiri: "Wait! Don't go!"

Y/N: "K-kiri!"

Kiri: "I'm not going to let you go! Please don't sink away from me again..."

Y/N: "Kiri... okay..."

He lets go of you, and you turn back to normal. Tears started falling down both your faces.

Y/N: "You shouldn't grab me when I'm like that... Now you're all wet..."

Kiri: "You were going to leave me again..."

Y/N: "... how did you find me?"

Kiri: "When the game was over, and we went back to our dorms. Mina went to your room to check on you. When you weren't there, she searched the entire girl's dorm looking for you. When you were still nowhere to be found, she came over to the boy's dorm, banging on my door. I opened my door, and she was crying. Told me you never went back to the dorm, and she couldn't find you anywhere."

Y/N: "She was... that worried?"

Kiri: "Yeah. She was... and I was too."

He wiped his face, and yours gently.

Y/N: "How did you find me here in the woods?"

Kiri: "I came out here to search anyway, until I... heard you crying..."

He picked you up, put you in his lap and hugged you close. Your head was against his warm, slightly wet chest. You could hear his heartbeat. You started sobbing again.

Kiri: "Hey, hey. Shhhh... It's okay, baby shark. I'm here..."

Y/N: "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to ditch you... I just got so... embarrassed."

Kiri: "Because... she asked you to kiss your crush...? I know... I would have been a little embarrassed too."

You mustered up the small bit of courage you had left.

Y/N: "No... you don't understand. I was embarrassed because... my crush... was... sitting right next to me..."

Kiri thought.

Kiri: "Mina?"

Y/N: "... Other side..."

Kiri: "..."

Y/N: "..."

Kiri: "Y/N..."

Y/N: "I'm sorry, I-"

He kissed your head. You stare into his eyes. He's smiling at you.

Kiri: "I like you a lot too, Y/N."

You smile too. Both your eyes are filling with tears again, and both your cheeks are very pink.

Kiri: "There's that smile."

You put your arms around him. You both sit there cuddling for a while, before standing up and walking back to the lodge. His arm around you. When you reach the camp, you see Mina sitting in one of the chairs, her head in her hands. When she looks up and sees you, she stands up abruptly. Kiri steps back.

Mina: "Y/N!!!!"

She runs up to you, sobbing, until she rams herself into you, throwing her arms around you. She sobs into your shoulder for a minute.

Mina: "I'm so sorry, Y/N! I shouldn't have pushed you and made you feel that way in front of everyone!! I'm sorry I was such a terrible friend tonight! But I love you and I don't want you to hate me! I know I'm a terrible Wing-girl, but I still want to be your bestie!! Please forgive meeee!!"

You hug her back, a few left over tears slip down your cheek.

Y/N: "I love your too, Mina. I'm sorry I scared you. I'd never hate you and I'll always be your bestie."

She looks up at you, tears streaming from her face.

Y/N: "I forgive you."

She sniffs and give you a little smile. You let go of her and reach for Kiri's hand.

Y/N: "Oh, and... a dare is a dare."

You pull Kiri in close and kiss him. She gasps, and gives you a bigger smile, before hugging you both.

Mina: "My two best friends love each other. You both have my blessing! Be good to each other."

You and Kiri laugh.

Y/N: "Just, for now... Let's keep this between us three."

Mina let's go of you, wipes her face and smiles.

Mina: "Deal!"