Chapter 26- Hardly Studying.

Sunday morning brought a sleepy Brynn stumbling up into the library, English and French book under her pillowy left sleeve, clasped tightly in her jumper covered fingers in between her arm and side. Rubbing her eyes, she absentmindedly made her way through the library, her bare-feet gliding slightly against the cold, hardwood floor because of the bottom of her pants clinging to her heels.

Her bird nest of a hair slightly occluded her vision as she made her way 'F' section to pick up a French dictionary. She twirled the pen she had in her left fingertips as she found what she was looking for.

Up the spiral staircase and to the rounded window she usually read in. Only now, when she sat down, instead of being met with the usual cold seating, it was to softness.

Brynn unfolded one of the blankets- the fluffy black one- and draped it over her lower half. She was sat fully on the windowsill with her legs up at ninety degree angles.

The quote pillow was resting on her legs with her French book laid upon it open and the girl sighed, she really could not be bothered. It was only six in the morning after all.

And then six in the morning went to seven, and then seven in the morning went to eight and then eight in the morning went to Callan making his way up the spiral stairs. A plate of two fluffy pancakes doused with nutella and raspberries in his left hand and warm milk in his right.

He was wearing black dress pants and shoes with a white buttoned up shirt tucked in, the two top buttons undone and sleeves rolled up to his elbows meaning he wasn't going into work until at least midday so he was morning casual.

"Studying hard?"

"Hardly studying," Brynn responded. She wasn't exactly sure where she had heard the phrase from but it sounded cool so she felt it was right to say it in this moment. She probably heard it from the tv.

"Hm," Callan hummed coming over and placing the plate on the one folded blanket left and putting down the glass of milk on the floor.

"Anything I can help with?"

Brynn felt slightly nervous for no reason. This was Callan and yet she was nervous right now, not wanting to mess up the conversation in a way that annoys Callan or weirds him out. She didn't know why she got like that sometimes, it wasn't a nice feeling. Especially now with Callan.

"Uhm no it's fine,, thank you though" she trailed off awkwardly, her pen hovering over the page. She wanted to write something to make it look like she knew what she was doing but her stupid brain wouldn't think of anything to write.

Callan furrowed his eyebrows, looking at her unmoving pen and her focused eyes. "No?"

"Yep," Brynn stated, finally thinking of something to write. The title: French Homework. Yeah, that was good.

Callan didn't want to push, but hesitated, "okay then, sweetheart." He rested his right hand on his sisters' left upper arm, his fingers lightly splayed on her shoulder. "You know where to find me if you need anything, yeah?" he asked, placing a small kiss on the side of Bynn's head.

Brynn's eyes remained focused on her paper, and then slowly moved to where Callan's head was. She gave a small smile and whispered an almost inaudible yeah.

Callan stayed where he was for a little longer. Brynn looked towards the food he brought up, she could still see some steam coming off the pancakes and the chocolately spread on top was something she'd never tried before.

"Thank you for the breakfast." Callan nodded and stood back up straight, giving one last unnoticeably longing look towards his sister before turning and going back down the spiral stairs.