Chapter 45 - Some Convincing

It was nearing the end summer break. On one of the last days, you got an unexpected visitor.

Knock Knock Knock

Mum: "Y/N, can you get the door please?!"

Y/N: "Okay!"

You open the door to see...

Y/N: "Mr Aizawa?!"

Mr Aizawa: "L/N, may I speak with you and your mother?"

Y/N: "Uh-uhm... sure... Come in."

You let him in and shut the door.

Mum: "Y/N, who was it?!"

Y/N: "Uhm- my teacher..."

Your mum walks out of the kitchen.

Mr Aizawa: "Ms L/N, may I talk to you and Y/N?"

Mum: "Yes of course. I was wondering when you would come."

Y/T: 'What does that mean? Was she expecting him?'

The three of you sit in your living room.

Mr Aizawa: "Now, may I assume you received the letter from the school?"

Mum: "Yes."

Y/N: "Uhm, no?"

Mr Aizawa looked surprised at this. Your mum turns to you.

Mum: "Y/N, I... didn't want to show you yet?"

Y/N: "What? Why not? Show me what? Mr Aizawa?"

Mr Aizawa: "I'll tell you now then. UA is moving all their students into dorms on campus. After the recent villain attacks, we feel it would be easier to keep the students safe 24/7. I have come to ask permission in person... Ms L/N, will you allow Y/N to live and keep studying at UA?"

There was silence for a moment. You stared at your mum.

Mum: "My answer... is no."

You stand up abruptly.

Y/N: "WHAT?!"

Mum: "Y/N-"

Y/N: "What do you mean 'no'?!"

Mum: "Y/N!... Honey, sit down..."

You sit back down as tears fill your eyes.

Mum: "Mr Aizawa, I appreciate all you've done for my daughter up to this point. But I can't ignore what happened at the training camp."

Y/N: "Mum-"

She takes your arm with one hand and holds it out to Mr Aizawa, and she lifts your chin up with the other.

Mum: "She didn't get these in some accident."

Mr Aizawa: "I... understand."

He got up to leave.

Y/N: "Wait, Mr Aizawa! Please don't go!"

He stopped and sat back down. You turn to your mother and plead desperately.

Y/N: "Mum! Please don't pull me out of UA! What about Dad?!"

Mum: "Your father wanted you to be a hero, but he wanted you to be safe even more. If something were to happen... I can't lose you too!"

Tears fell down your face.

Mum: "I'm sorry, Y/N. But there are other hero schools in Japan. One where villains don't go out of their way to attack first years."

You get down on your knees in front of Mr Aizawa and put your hands on his lap.

Y/N: "Mr Aizawa... help me..."

He stares at you for a minute before placing his hands on yours. He looked up at your mum.

Mr Aizawa: "Ms L/N, I ask you to reconsider. That night, Y/N was a real hero. She protected one of her classmates who was unconscious. She faced off against a villain all by herself. Although, she fought valiantly, the villain was too strong and quick for her. But I assure you, if you allow Y/N to continue at UA, I will see to it that she gets stronger. Strong enough that if she faced off against that same villain in the future, she would have no trouble at all."

He looked back down at you and placed his hand on your head.

Mr Aizawa: "It will be challenging, but I believe that she will be an incredible hero one day."

You wipe your eyes and smile up at him. You then both look back at your mum, who had tears in her eyes.

Mum: "...... If you can promise the safety of my daughter...... I'll allow her to continue at UA."

You stand up.

Y/N: "R-really?"

She stood up and nodded.

Mum: "I want you to be safe... but I don't think I could stand seeing you so depressed if I pulled you out. I know you love that school. Your teachers, your classmates, your boyfriend."

Your smile widens and you hug her.

Y/N: "Thank you, mum!"

Mum: "If you go back to this school, you have to promise me you'll be so careful."

Y/N: "I will! I won't make you worry! I promise!"

Mr Aizawa stood up he put his hand on your shoulder.

Mr Aizawa: "I'll see you in a few days."

You turn and hug him.

Y/N: "Thank you, sir..."