Act 1 • Prologue

I can still remember the day I was born— or should I say— reborn.

It was a night that I could and will never forget. It was the start of another hell after all.

People screaming, a humongous creature wrecking havoc, the woman who gave birth to me barely saying her last words, her husband desperately clinging onto her even if he was just as drained as her, the wailing of another newborn, my twin, beside me.

It was pure and total chaos.

Although I could barely see anything for obvious reasons, I could strangely hear everything with clarity. And all I could perceive a few hours after being reborn were nothing but utterly painful noises.

From the people, to the creature, the nature and finally, the words my progenitor had spoken that had my mind go frantic.

I didn't cry. I was too engrossed in swallowing every single thing that was happening at the moment. I mean— I'm sure anyone who's in the same situation as me will react the same.

I was born again.

And as a human at that.

It made me sick.

In my past life, I was shackled. Not quite literal, but I wasn't able to do anything I wanted. I had no freedom, I was blindly being a stupid submissive slave, who was naively accepting every beating and torture my uncle inflicts on me.

My biological parents in my past life passed away due to a car accident when I was roughly 3, since then, my uncle took me in.

He was a workaholic guy, he earns hundreds and thousands of money that can probably feed 5 families each month. However he was a selfish and greedy man, money was everything to him and I was only a burden that he was forced to feed.

So at the age of 6, I was already working, sometimes as a housekeeper, other times simply running errands. I also did every house chores so as to not be more of a burden than I already am. I felt guilty for getting my uncle involve with my messed up life even if he really has no reason to.

However, he was also very abusive, mentally and physically. But I let him beat me for I thought that maybe this would be a little payment for taking me under his wing.

But as I grew older, only did I realized that my uncle had been controlling me from the very beginning.

He made me do chores, and I did. He prohibited me to go anywhere other than the grocery store and my workplaces, so I did. I wanted to attend school from my own salaries but he said no, so I followed.

I obeyed every single order but I was nowhere near happy. It was always suffocating, even breathing was extremely hard for me.

What was I even living for? I don't have parents to take care of, no friends to be inspired with, no accomplishments to be proud of, and most importantly— I had no dreams to achieve and to look forward to.

Only then did I question myself: Why am I even living, no, more like why do I even exist?

Every work I did and every effort I put into, what was all that for?

I was living a meaningless life. That was all there was to it.

And when I was almost at my limit, into ending my life, something saved me.

Yes, it wasn't a person, it was some thing you could only see on the screen.

It was anime.

It may be childish to the majority but to me? It was my everything. I can express myself! I can cry, I can smile, I can get angry, I can sympathize with those 2d characters! The feelings and expressions that I was never taught nor was it pulled out from me by any living person, they were able to.

So it became my only comfort, where I can feel something, where I can think for myself, and most importantly, it was the only time where I can picture myself as someone who was living, Not simply existing.

The main characters that never gave up, made my heart swelled with hope. The blood, sweat and tears that they had shed made me thought that this phase was also just an obstacle that I needed to overcome. The journey that they had gone through made me want to find the purpose of my existence.

And I finally found one: I wanted to be strong, powerful even. I wanted to be someone where I can fight for my own rights and reasons.

However nothing could change in just a short amount of time. I was still weak at heart, because that day, I accepted another beating, it was much harsher than the past ones.

I was bloody all over, and since my previous wounds and bruises were still unrecovered, it made the pain a hundred times unbearable.

Soon enough, I died from severe blood loss and internal bleeding.

My 12 years of living as Brianne Zaragoza, gone.

And when I had finally accepted death, I hoped to never be reborn as a human again, or better yet— to never be reborn as anything.

After all, it was painful for me to solely exist.

But life seemed to be toying with me since I was born as a human again.

I hate humans. They're all selfish and greedy bastards. Even when people would see me all bloodied and battered up, nobody dared to ask a simple: 'hey, are you okay?' or 'let me treat your wounds first'. They would only look at me with either indifference or pity.

I didn't want those.

I didn't want to appear weak.

I was gonna be strong some day after all, so don't look at me with empty pities.

And in my current life, it looks like nothing will ever change.

The people hated me and my twin for something we did not do. They bullied and treated us like some kind of monster even though we were merely kids who can barely even talk.

It was sickening.

I hate humans.

I hate them and their so called morals to the core.

I'm so tired of dealing with life and just want to rest for eternity, however the moment I discovered something crucial and important in this new life, I hesitated.

I realized that this was not just a mediocre life, I wasn't simply surrounded by normal humans.

I was in an anime.

And an anime that I never got to complete since I died at an unexpected time.

People could climb roofs without using their hands. They could communicate with animals. They have these avatar skills that they call as Jutsu.

I was in the Naturo dimension.

Something like this could only occur in fan fictions. So at first I was in denial that I truly was in an anime world.

However, as I got to the age of 8 months, when my vision finally started to improve, I realized that my twin wasn't just a nobody.

He was Uzumaki Naruto.

The protagonist, the hero, a person who will someday be loved by everyone.

I was hesitating on living again. This world was something I never experienced nor would I want to, I could get killed in an instant without me even knowing.

Plus in the original, there was no such character as Uzumaki Naomi. There was no twin sister of the Naruto.

"I was never supposed to exist, back in my world and in the current one."