Vol.1. Chapter 4.3 : Her True Colors

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV

"Horikita," I called her name suddenly. She looked slightly surprised as if she hadn't expected me to call her out abruptly.

"What is it Ayanokouji-Kun? Is there any business you wish to conduct with me?" She asked, her head slightly cocked in confusion.

"Actually, yes there is. If you're not too busy, I'd like to speak with you alone about something. Will that be okay with you?"

"Hmm... Is it about something important?" As an answer, I just nodded.

"That's perfectly acceptable. But first, let me go to the convenience store and get a lunch kit. Today I didn't eat much." She let me know.

"Speaking of lunch, instead of buying something from the convenience store, why don't you accompany me to palate cafe?" I had invited her. She looked at me, trying to figure out if I had a hidden agenda.

"What are yoy planning Ayanokouji-Kun?" She inquired with skepticism.

"Does an invitation from me suggest that I have some sort of ulterior motive?"

"If you could tell me specifically why you want to go there, I'd be willing to hear you out."

"Well, first of all, I wanted to try some of the cuisines that they have to offer. I could go there by myself, and you could simply buy a simple meal from the convenience store, but it would be more efficient if we ordered food from the same place. The meals available at the convenience store don't look particularly appetizing to me. Furthermore, the cafe is always packed with women, and I'm not brave enough to go there by myself because I might end up attracting some unwanted attention due to my popularity with the fairer sex." I stated my objective.

"I suppose that's a plausible explanation. Wait, you're not recommending that we eat there, are you?"

"Obviously not. We'll just order some takeout and hold our meeting in my dorm room. Of if you prefer, we can use your dorm or any other private location."

"We'll simply visit your dorm. In my case, I still need to organize a few items."

"All right then. Shall we get going now?" As a symbol of invitation, I extended my hand. She simply nodded and got out of her seat, grabbing her luggage. We then silently proceeded to the cafe.

We had finally arrived at our destination after a few minutes of walking around the mall

We had finally arrived at our destination after a few minutes of walking around the mall. As we entered the cafe, the automatic doors easily slid open. Everyone looked at us for a brief moment before returning to their conversations with their peers.

...

Well, that's what I wanted to happen, but the majority of the girls in the cafe were staring at us, especially at me, as if they were peering into my soul. Murmurs and gossip about me and Horikita could be heard throughout the cafe.