-84-

Asteria hummed quietly as she folded away her clothes and placed them into her suitcase. She had planned to go back to the Potter's for Christmas, it was the only place she could go.

The Hufflepuff then closed the clasps and carried her possessions to the Gryffindor common room where James was still packing.

When she stepped in, she noticed Peter and Remus sitting by the fire. "Morning." She said with a smile. "Good morning." Peter replied with a grin, his cheeks rosey from the blazing fire.

"James is still packing." Remus said as he crossed his legs. "Still! Does he want to go home?" She asked which made him shrug. She then smirked before sneaking up the stairs and slowly turning to door handle to his dorm.

She held back her snickers as James folded up his quidditch jersey. Quietly, she snuck up behind him. "Boo!" She shouted, scaring him so that he let out a shriek.

Asteria bursted out laughing which made James scowl and pout at her. "Oh cheer up!" She sang before pressing her lips against his just as Remus walked in.

"Alright, hurry up lovebugs. We'll miss the train." The messy haired boy blushed slightly as he threw his coat on and carried his luggage down the stairs.

The group of students hurried down to the platform and boarded the e already cramped train. Luckily, they found an empty compartment which they all sat in.

James offered to put Asteria's luggage on the shelf but she shook her head as she pushed it up. They then sat down beside eachother, Asteria putting her legs up so they rested on his lap.

"I can't wait for mum's gingerbread." Sirius said which made them all hum in agreement but Asteria let out a small sigh. "What's up?" James whispered as the rest of the boys continued talking.

"I use to make gingerbread with mother ever Christmas." She told him. James then took her hand into his and squeezed it slightly.

Asteria then noticed Regulus pass the compartment however he didn't see her as he was looking down at the ground. "I'll be back." She whispered before kissing his cheek and leaving the compartment.

"Regulus." She called out, hoping the Slytherins around him wouldn't hear her, and they didn't. He turned around to see the smiling Hufflepuff girl so he walked towards her.

"What is it?" He asked her. "I wanna say, have a nice Christmas." Asteria replied with a grin. "Although Christmas at that house is shit." She added.

"Don't forgot the stupid fucking parties." Regulus said which made her nod. "Come stay at James' for Christmas." She offered. "I'd love to but I would kinda be disowned for that." He said with a slight chuckle.

"And?" She asked with furrowed brows. "I won't make it far in life with this." He glanced down at his forearm where his mark was. Asteria let out a sigh before looking up again and putting on a smile.

"Okay. I'll miss you." She said before wrapping her arms around him. "I'll miss you too." He replied as he hugged her back before having to hurry back to the other Slytherins.

-☘︎︎-

The train had finally came to a halt as the sun was beginning to set. Asteria got up and followed them off of the train and onto the platform where Fleamont and Euphemia stood.

The couple waved at them with smiles which made them hurry over. Euphemia hugged Asteria when she saw her, which made her froze for a moment before hugging her back.

"How's school been, son?" Fleamont asked Sirius. "Shit." The dark haired boy replied. "Sirius!" Euphemia exclaimed before shaking her head. "Sorry mum." He replied as he kissed her cheek.

"How about we say we get home then?" Fleamont asked before the family walked off to platform and apparated to the Potter Manor.

When Asteria walked in, she found that the manor was warm from the burning fireplace in the living room. Also standing proudly was a bare Christmas tree.

"How come it isn't decorated?" James asked as he took off his coat and hung it up. "I've been waiting for you to get back. I thought it would be fun to decorate it together." Euphemia explained.

"We aren't 8 mum." James replied but Asteria hit his arm. "That sounds enjoyable Mia." Asteria smiles before glaring up at James.

-☘︎︎-

James had wrapped his arm around Asteria, pulling her into his chest as they shared a blanket on the couch. The fireplace was lit and created a warm light which filled up even the most darkest corners of the room.

Asteria's gaze fell upon the decorated tree which had a shining star on top, it's light reflecting in her dark eyes. The house was silent as the the rest had gone to sleep and snow fell slowly down.

Asteria suddenly let out a loud yawn which made James glanced down and chuckle. "It's getting late. We should head up." He pointed out which made her hum in agreement.

And together, they got up and walked up the grand staircase. But as they reached the bedrooms, James called out Asteria's name.

She turned around to look at him with a confused look on her face. "I was thinking, maybe you could stay in my room now?" He asked her, avoiding eye contact with her.

"Really?" Asteria asked as she slowly walked back to him. "Of course. I wouldn't mind waking up to your face in the morning." James replied before lifting up her chin with his finger and kissing her for a moment.

A silence formed between them as they pulled away. "Have fun with my sleep talking then!" Asteria suddenly shouted before she pushed the door to his room open and jumped onto his bed.

James let out a huff before walking into his room, closing his door and getting under the covers with her. His bed was pushed against the wall with James by the wall and Asteria on the outside.

Although the cover was pulled up to her chin, she was still shivering. James wrapped his arms around her to warm her. "Your hands are warm." She whispered quietly. "And yours are fucking freezing!" He exclaimed, pulling his hands away but she grabbed his hands and put them back into her.

"Don't move your hands!"