𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
"That's not right"
TW: suicide

After the killing of Dave and Tony, Rick, Hershel, Jane and Glenn are about to leave the Carriage Bar but instead get pinned down in the saloon by Dave and Tony's group

After the killing of Dave and Tony, Rick, Hershel, Jane and Glenn are about to leave the Carriage Bar but instead get pinned down in the saloon by Dave and Tony's group. "Jane!" Glenn shouted as he pulled her behind the wall for safety. "Dave and Tony pulled their guns out on us first,  it was just a regretful mistake everyone can just walk away from" Rick tries to reasons but instead the group begins to shoot at them to avenge their friends.

"Check the back exit!" Rick orders at Glenn and Jane widens her eyes that he chose him. Glenn looks to Jane before he walks off and starts walking down some creaky steps and approaches the door, a shadow outside reaches for the handle and begins to twist it but Glenn shoots through the glass and scares him off.

"Hershel. Cover Glenn while he makes a run for the car first!" Rick shouts and Hershel nods. Glenn starts to make a run for the car and Jane pulls out her gun hoping he is okay. A man from outside, who was part of the group, sneaks up behind Glenn and attempts to shoot him but Hershel shoots and wounds the man, who starts crying out in pain.

"What happened?" Jane asks frantically, "Glenn might've been hit" Hershel confesses and Jane covers her mouth in shock. "We have to go find him" Jane states and Rick sighs nodding his head. "Come on, but stay low" Rick warns and Jane nods her head as her and Rick go to find Glenn and find him just frozen in shock behind a dumpster gripping his shot gun tightly.

"We can run to the car and cover Hershel" Rick states as they head towards the car but are shot at by another man (apart of Dave and Tony's group)  from the roof of a building across the street and retreat behind the dumpster again. A truck races up, and the driver, yells that walkers are heading their way and tells his friend to jump down from the roof. When he does this, he accidentally falls and impales his leg on a fence spike. His friend apologizes to him and leaves him to die but Rick, Hershel, and Glenn argue about saving him and how to do so.

"The only way to save him is to take the bottom half of his leg" Jane says as she looks at the wound. "No! Please no!" The man screams and Jane looks around at the walkers creeping up on them.

"So, we amputate it!" Rick states and the man yells in pain and begs for his leg not to be cut off. Before the walkers can devour Randall, Rick forces the man's leg off of the spike, tearing his calf muscle and reducing the man to tears. Jane watches in shock and helps Rick and Glenn put him in the back of the truck.

The car with Rick, Jane Hershel, and Glenn returns to the farm with Randall blindfolded in the backseat as a hostage. "Rick! What the hell do we do with him?" Andrea questions and Shane scoffs. "We gotta kill him. There are too many people as it is" Shane states and Jane sighs.

"Or, We will fix him up and then drop him off to fend for himself" Jane suggests and Shane shakes his head in disagreement. "He will tell his group where the farm is and this will start a war!" Shane shouts looking to Jane and Rick. "I think you're forgetting this is my farm and while you are here as a guest you need to keep your mouth shut" Hershel reminds and Shane looks taken back by Hershel's choice of words but says nothing about it.

Maggie pulls Glenn aside and Jane watches her hug him. They look like they were getting into a heated argument and Jane kept watching the two. She didn't know why she cared but she did and she watched as Maggie tried to embrace Glenn, but he pushes her away leaving Maggie to overthink.

~~

It was the next morning and Rick and Shane left to go on a run with Randall in the car, leaving everyone else on the farm. Jane was told Beth wasn't feeling good so she offered to do some chores to help out.

Jane was in the kitchen cleaning up some plates when Lori walked in with a plate herself. She cleaned it off and Jane noticed she realized something. "Everything okay?" Jane asks and Lori drops the plate. "The knife... Beth has the knife" Lori states and Jane furrows her eyebrows and runs behind Lori as they run to Beth's room.

Lori confronts Beth, who pulls it from under the covers and hands it over. Lori and Jane let Maggie know what happened and Maggie is quick to rush to her sisters room and confront her about. Andrea walked into the kitchen and all 3 of them listened from inside the kitchen.

"You shouldn't have taken the knife away Beth has to choose to live on her own." Andrea tells Lori and Lori counters that Andrea got through her own death wish by shirking her chores. "You sit up on that RV working on your tan with a shotgun in your lap," Lori snaps.

"Okay, can we not argue about this?" Jane asks as she turns around and faces the two of them. "No, let's talk about it. Let's talk about you taking your blessings for granted. Rick and Carl both came back from the dead, you're pregnant, and you even had a romance with Shane" Andrea accuses and Jane furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Wait— You're pregnant?" Jane asks and Lori looks over to Jane in shock before she looks back at Andrea. "The rest of us have piled up our losses, but you just keep on," Andrea says ending the conversation and leaving the kitchen.

"Lori—" Jane says trying to comfort Lori but she backs away and dries off her wet hands, slams the towel on the counter and exits the house. Jane walks over to Beth's room and notices the door is shut. She walks over to the door and opens it and doesn't see Beth is in her room and neither is Maggie or.. anyone. Jane looks over at the bathroom door and widens her eyes.

"Lori! Maggie!" Jane screams as she bangs on the bathroom door. "What?" Lori questions as she frantically rushes over to Jane. Lori pries open the door, but not before Beth has cut her wrist. "I'm sorry," Beth cries. Jane widens her eyes and rushes to Beth grabbing hand towels off the racks.

"You're okay" Jane smiles reassuringly as she looks down at Beth's wrist and tries to stop the bleeding won't the towels. "I got her, you get Maggie" Jane says as she helps Beth to the bed.

Jane finds the first aid kit and begins cleaning Beth's wounds and wrapping them with white bandages. "It's okay" Jane reassures as tears leave Beths eyes and she slowly lays down in her bed. Jane pushes Beth's hair out of her face and leaves her room to go outside to see where Lori and Maggie are. She sees Maggie and Lori on the porch while Andrea is below them by the stairs.

"She wants to live," Andrea smiles. Maggie disagrees in anger and tells Andrea never to set foot near her or the house again. "I fixed her wounds and she's laying down" Jane reassures as Maggie rushes in the house.

"How could you let her do that?" Jane asks looking to Andrea. "She never wanted to die anyway" Andrea argues and Jane scoffs. "That's not right" Jane says shaking her head as she walks back into the house.

WORD COUNT: 1300

WORD COUNT: 1300