Chapter 56: The Secret Unfolds

"Valentino?"

"Camila, what are you doing here?!!" he said as he approached and grabbed my wrist, his grasp was so firm that I'm sure my wrist was bruised by now.

"Valentino, stop. I'm only here to talk to Alejandro," I said, trying to get my hand away from him, but he wouldn't budge.

"Let her go, Valentino, you're hurting her," Alejandro murmured as he glanced at my anguished face, and Valentino concurred.

With a sigh, I grasped my wrist in my palm as Alejandro approached Valentino; I expected him to attack him, but Alejandro instead murmured something into his ears.

Valentino gave him a cold stare and headed upstairs. I was perplexed when I glanced at them.

"Gretchen, take care of Camila," Alejandro added, "I'll just be in my office," and Gretchen approached me and grabbed my arm. As Valentino and Alejandro went away, I gazed at them. I was curious as to what they were going to discuss. I despise my inquisitiveness.

"Why-" I inquired, and Gretchen groaned and motioned for me to sit near her, attempting to calm me down.

"It's nothing," she said, "now come on, let's walk to the garden." I shrugged. She pleaded, and I relented. Gretchen led me into the garden with Micheal in my arms, while Gretchen brought the bag and some milk for Micheal.

Gretchen commented, "He is extremely cute," as she glanced at Micheal in awe.

"Has he uttered his first word?" she exclaimed as she snatched Michael from my grasp and sat me down.

"Gretchen?" I inquired, and she responded with a hum.

"Um, do you know about the stuff that Alejandro and Valentino are keeping hidden from me?" I questioned, fiddling with my fingers, and then I glanced at her face, her eyes enlarged and focused quickly on me.

"Of course not," she replies as she lays Micheal on the chair, and I look at her, knowing precisely what that face means:'she's lying.'

"All right," I grumbled and rose up swiftly.

"Gretchen, I think I left my phone on the sofa; can you get it for me?" I said, and she smiled and nodded before grabbing a glass of wine from the coffee table and waving me goodbye. I hope she takes her time since my phone is with me...

I sighed, and Railey appeared out of nowhere. I yelled for her, and she dashed over to me.

"Railey, please, please keep an eye on Michael for me. I'm going someplace; don't tell Gretchen anything," I begged, and she hugged me.

"Of course anytime." She says and I smiled,

I hurried inside and spotted Gretchen frantically looking for my phone, but she was facing backward, so I had time to silently run up the stairs.

When I eventually made it upstairs, I noticed several guards walking by and hurriedly drew myself into the room. As soon as I heard their footsteps fade away, I moved out of the door and down the corridor.

I was startled to hear screams. 'Camila, pull it together!' I said as I held my necklace tightly and closed my eyes. '

With a groan, I slid the door open slightly, but it didn't even squeak. Alejandro and Valentino were yelling at each other, but because they were so concentrated, they couldn't see me.

"Now you're going to assault me in my own home? I knew you were a maniac!" Alejandro said to Valentino.

"Don't you dare to say anything to her!" Valentino warned. My heart pumped quicker and faster every time they punched, struck, or threw something. My mind was blown, and I gasped, but my breaths were not loud enough for them to hear.

"You know, the contract has been there since I and Camila were born! It was arranged! and you were a selfish beast! you took her mother away from her!" Alejandro said, punching him.

"You're fortunate I didn't say anything when you killed her father!" Alejandro said, and I stared at them, surprised. Was it my mum and father they were referring to? Could it be possible that Valentino murdered them?

"CAMILA WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MINE, BUT HER DUMB PARENTS NEVER AGREED!" Valentino said, kicking Alejandro.

Valentino said, "They were lucky that I gave them an easy death!" I covered my mouth in disbelief.

"Valentino- Valentino killed my parents!" I whispered to myself in tears as I suddenly became filled with rage. All of them knew all this time and didn't say a word to me!

"You killed my parents?" I screamed as I surged into the room, tears streaming down my face.

"Camila, amore, no no, were you there the whole time?" Valentino said, and I stared at him with maniacal eyes.

"I hate you! You mu-murderer!" I cried, as Alejandro came up behind me and put his hand on my back, but I pushed him away.

"And you! You lied! You lied to me! What? did you all know all this time and you all kept it from me?" I cried out, looking at Alejandro, who was looking at me with remorse in his eyes.

"Camila, amore, listen to me; what you heard was incorrect!" Valentino said, and I slapped him across the face.

"How could you! How could you lie to me! My family my mom was dead because of you! How do you sleep at night?" I was crying with tears, and he tried to grasp me. I took a step back.

"Camila!" Gretchen yelled from behind me, and I spun around, tears streaming down my face.

"You knew all along, didn't you?" I questioned, my heart heavy and powerless.

"Listen to me, Camila," Alejandro said as he grasped my wrist.

"Alejandro, stop!" I said as I jerked my hand away from his, my pulse racing with each breath.

My head felt horribly all of a sudden. Alejandro approached me and continued to speak to me, but I snatched my hand back. I had a nervous breakdown. My entire body became numb. When Valentino and Alejandro called out for me, I blacked out.

"Get away from me," was the last thing I could think of as the darkness enveloped me.

I despise each and every one of them...