Part 17

Jessica Pov:

It's been a week since I've spoken to Lorenzo. He called and flooded my phone with texts, so I blocked him. I haven't even gone to work.

I've been staying with Mia and her boyfriend for the time being. I chip in on the rent and buy groceries. I told them I'd be out of their hair as soon as possible, but they're both so in love with my little side that they insist that I stay.

Some good news: my graduation is in a little more than a week and I get to see my dad! I haven't seen him in forever.

It's currently 8 a.m, and If I don't get back to work, I might get fired. I can't afford that. I get dressed and do my daily routine, not at all ready for the day ahead.

 I get dressed and do my daily routine, not at all ready for the day ahead

(A/N: Jessica's outfit and heel's)

On the drive there, I decided that I won't be speaking to him unless it's work-related. He's nothing but my boss now. And even though I wish it didn't turn out this way, I don't think I want to go back. Not after what he did.

I walk through the front doors of the building and take the elevator. I take a few deep breaths before I finally muster up the courage to open the office doors.

When I walk inside I feels Lorenzo's burning gaze. I ignore him and walk to my desk. I hear him walk towards me, I continue working, pretending he doesn't exist. He stops only a few feet away from me.

"Kitten."

"Don't call me that. It's unprofessional Mr. Romano."

He inhaled through his nose. "Jessica please. Look at me."

"I'm trying to work sir."

He slams his fists down on my desk and I flinch. "Fuck your work!"

I looked him in the eyes and I could tell he was broken. He looked almost drained.

"No, fuck you!" I fight back tears. "I hate you!" I hit his chest.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I keep hitting, but he only pulls me into his warm embrace.