69. Surprise

The gentle feeling of George grazing his fingers over Cosette's curves instantly made her smile. It took her a few more seconds to wake up and open her eyes, but when she finally did, the first thing she saw was George.

She could easily get used to this.

She had thrown on a shirt before falling asleep and by now it had risen up her waist underneath the blanket. George, on the other hand, didn't bother putting anything else on during the night which meant that his morning wood, while not on full display, was still very evident beneath the covers.

"What a nice surprise," she said, clearing her throat and turning on her side to face George. "Sort of expected you to disappear in the middle of the night, given your track record."

George rolled his eyes at her joke and leaned forwards, capturing her lips in a quick but firm kiss.

"Will you always hold that over my head?" He asked, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear and lightly cupping the side of her face.

"Most likely," she nodded and a yawn escaped her lips. She watched with a slight smile on his face as George's eyes darted to her neck, titling his head to get a better look at the marks he left. He dropped his hand and hooked a finger around the collar, pulling it away from her skin to examine the bite mark on her shoulder. While Cosette herself had yet to see what she looked like, she could tell by George's expression alone that he really did a number on her.

He chuckled softly, licking his lips, "I got a bit carried away."

Cosette raised her eyebrows at his subtle explanation, "A bit?"

"Hey, you wanted it," he retorted playfully, "In fact, I seem to remember you asking for it."

She was trying really hard to keep her smile from growing, wanting to scold him a little for the number of hickies left on her but his deep brown eyes and charming smirk was enough to send a grin spreading across her face.

George took hold of her hips and swiftly pulled her over of him so she was straddled over his stomach. His hands rested on her thighs, using his thumbs to push up the hem of her shirt.

"You'll have to get rid of them," she told him.

"I don't want to," his voice was smug, "I want people to know you belong to someone. I want people to know you're mine."

A knot formed in Cosette's stomach at the mere idea of people finding out about them so soon and even though George's words were only meant to be taken half-heartedly, he could tell they had given her some anxiety.

In response, George pushed himself up to a seated position and took Cosette's face in his hands, bringing his lips to hers in a heated kiss, a silent and loving reminder that he was alright with waiting. He would keep the two of them a secret forever if it meant keeping her.

George's nose nudged against hers and he spoke softly against her lips, "I love you, Setty."

And with that, her worries washed away.

Cosette held her hand over top of his, rubbing her thumb over his knuckles as she leaned her forehead against his, "I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing that."

"Good," he smiled back, happy to say those words to her for as long as he lived. His line of sight darted all around Cosette's face. His deep brown eyes took in every possible inch of her as if he hadn't already memorized the curve of her lips or the indent of the scar along her cheek or everything else that made her stand out amongst everyone George had ever met.

They stayed in bed for a while, neither of them had anywhere to go with George taking a break from the shop to be with her and Cosette with no actual obligations she had to attend to. The other day Nick informed her that he spoke to her boss at the defence studio and for the time being, her lessons would be cancelled.