thirty two.

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
blake is coming

Hakeem

Hakeem and his family decided to let Jamal get some rest, so they stood outside the room, waiting for Lucious. He was still in there talking to Jamal about something.

Cookie yelled, "We're waiting for you, Lucious!"

Lucious came out. "Sorry, baby. Jamal had some things to get off his chest, apparently."

"What'd he say?"

"Nothing I haven't heard before," was all Lucious said. "Y'all ready to go?"

"Yeah."

The four of them walked off, but passed by a certain room. The person inside of it caught Hakeem's eye. Gram. He was laying down, staring right at Hakeem, and Hakeem stared back at him. Everyone knew he hated the guy, but he wanted to talk to him. He wanted to know how he ended up in that hospital bed.

Hakeem stopped walking. "Aye, can y'all give me a minute? I gotta talk to someone."

Lucious furrowed his eyebrows. "Who do you need to talk to?"

"Gram."

Cookie couldn't believe it. "Gram? You don't even like the boy."

"I just wanna know what happened."

She let out an annoyed breath. "You got five minutes, Hakeem."

That was all he needed. He walked into Gram's room and he said, "Wow. You were the last person I was expecting to see walk up in here."

"I'm not here to give you my condolences or anything," Hakeem told him.

"So why are you here?"

Hakeem shrugged while glancing around. "I don't know. Maybe I like seeing you suffer."

"You are a Lyon, so that makes sense."

Hakeem rolled his eyes at that comment. "What happened anyway?"

"I was chilling at home, and Blake showed up like a bold motherfucker and shot me. Then he ran off.  Thankfully, I had enough strength to call 911."

"You're lucky you're still breathing," Hakeem said.

"Na. I don't think Blake wanted to kill me."

That was surprising to Hakeem. "What makes you think that?"

"Because he only shot me once in a non fatal area."

Hakeem crossed his arms. "But why shoot you if he didn't want you dead?"

Gram knew why. "I think it was a warning. Not just to me, but to all of us. Blake wants us to know he's angry, and he wants us to know he's not to be messed with."

Hakeem snorted. "He's not scaring me, so he can keep his little warning."

Gram snorted too. "You say that now, but watch how fast you'll switch up when a gun is pointed at you. With your former best friend being behind the trigger. That's gonna hurt you, because it sure hurt me."

"Well, you kinda did this to yourself. You snitched on him."

Gram actually chuckled. "Yeah I did, huh? But I only did it for Tiana."

"She doesn't need you doing shit for her!"

Gram smirked slyly. "I think she does, because her own man didn't stop Blake from attacking her in the studio."

"I wasn't there. If I was, Blake wouldn't be breathing right now!" Gram just laughed. "That's funny?"

"Yeah. You keep talking like you a killer Hakeem, but you ain't about that life."

"I'm so tired of people saying that. You don't know what I'm about."

Gram shrugged. "I guess we'll see when the time comes."

That sounded too sinister. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you better start running because Blake's coming. Or how about you take him out before he gets close to your loved ones? Like Tiana. Because I don't know if you know this, but he's on his way to her house right now."

And that made Hakeem say, "What the fuck?"

Tiana

Tiana had just gotten home. She took off her makeup, but her phone started ringing. She picked it up and saw Hakeem calling. "Hey, baby."

Hakeem was all frantic. "You need to leave your house!"

"Uh...and go where?"

"Come to the mansion!"

He was so nasty. "Oh...I see what you're tryna do."

"No, it's not like that. You need some protection right now."

She was lost. "Protection? Why do I need protection?"

"Because Blake is coming!"

She froze. "What do you mean Blake is coming?" Then she heard glass break downstairs, which made her jump and drop her phone. She heard Hakeem yelling, "Tiana! Tiana!" but she was too frozen to respond.

She heard a lot of ruckus downstairs, so she quietly tiptoed through the hallway and peeked over the stairs. Hakeem was right; Blake was there with a gun in his hand. Tiana's panic kicked in, and she ran back to her room and picked up her phone. Hakeem was no longer on the line, and that was good because she needed to call the cops.

She frantically dialed 911, but heard Blake behind her. "Who do you think you're calling?"

She spun around hastily. "Get out of my house!"

"I will, after I get my revenge. Just like I did with Gram."

"He's still breathing, so you did a shitty job," Tiana dissed.

"But you won't be. So I really hope people remember you." Blake got straight to it. He pointed his gun at her and fired it, but she ducked down and charged at him, pushing him to the ground. Then she ran out of the room, all the way down the stairs. She heard him running behind her.

Tiana looked behind and saw Blake getting ready to shoot again, so she dodged some more. Now she was downstairs, but she knew better than to make a beeline for the door. Blake would shoot her in the back easily.

She tricked Blake into thinking she was going for the door, and he fired as she ran behind the couch. Blake fired at again, and she ducked down and hid behind the couch. She breathed heavily as Blake slowly made his way to her. Tiana looked up at him as he pointed the gun at her once again, and he shot at her, but she rolled out the way and leg sweeped him.

Blake fell to the ground and his gun fell out his hands. He tried to crawl towards it, but Tiana stepped on his back and grabbed the gun. Then she pointed it at him with a shaky hand, and he laughed.

"You're not gonna shoot me, Tiana. You don't have the guts."

She fired the gun at him and quickly ran to the house phone to call 911. The operator answered. "911, what's your emergency?"

"I need help! There's a-"

But she didn't get to finish because Blake smashed a lamp on her head, knocking her out.