𝟎𝟏 | 𝐈𝐤𝐡𝐥𝐚𝐚𝐬

"Your value stays constant whether it is seen or not..."

H E looked at the beauty in front of him who was smiling unware of his gaze

H E looked at the beauty in front of him who was smiling unware of his gaze. She was sitting with the bride on the swing while 'looking' in front of her and teasing her friend - the bride. She was looking breathtaking. He knows it was wrong to stare at her like this but he couldn't avert his eyes from her. It was like she was pulling him like a magnet...

~ ~ ~

She folded her prayer mat and wiped her tears. She sat there, on the floor, completely numb. She never considered herself disabled or unlucky. It was a blessing to be blind for her, Allah has blessed her. She couldn't sin with her eyes, see what people do and that was a blessing for her.

But today, she questioned her whole existence because of some worthless people. Words can either inspire or destroy and when they destroy it's a deep cut in the soul. And in Maheen case, they destroyed her peace.

• FLASHBACK •

A few hours ago ,

She applied a nude shade lipstick and asked her mother how she was looking. "How am I looking Ammi ?" Dressed in long white dress with golden embroidery she was looking like an angel. "Beautiful. My Mahi is always looking beautiful." She didn't know how she was looking but she trusted her mother words.

Sherbano applied black khol behind her daughter ear to prevent her from evil eye. She kissed her forehead lovingly. "Ammi, aaj hamari bat pakki ho jayigi na ?" She asked with hope in her voice. She has been rejected several times because of her blindness but her mother never told her that, to afraid to hurt her precious daughter.

Sherbano always told Maheen different reasons of her rejection. Like - they didn't want a girl from a different status, when a very rich guy came for her. Or when a handsome man came for her, heedless of her disability and was ready to marry her but rejected her at the last moment because of this. But Sherbano just told Maheen that Suleiman - her father, rejected the guy because he wasn't deserving of his daughter.

And indeed the last part was true, a person who judges an another by their looks or disabilities ignoring their pure hearts didn't deserve a pure and joyful soul like Maheen Suleiman.

"Ji beta, of course. Who will reject my daughter ?" Sherbano said in a chearfull voice hiding her sadness from her twenty five years old daughter.

"I am going downstairs and when I call you, you can come." Maheen nodded and went to her bed and sat there, she didn't need a cane in her house because she grow up in this house and she knew every corner of it like the back of her hand. So she only used a cane outside of the house.