33.

Draco stood there, looking utterly perplexed as to how she could have known anything about the plan to kill Dumbledore

Draco stood there, looking utterly perplexed as to how she could have known anything about the plan to kill Dumbledore. There was no way anyone involved would have told her, and it wasn't like he had written it down on a to-do list.

"H-How do you..." Draco's voice lowered as he talked. Even though they were alone in this version of the Room of Requirements filled with things students throughout the years wanted to keep hidden, he still couldn't say it out loud. He had never been able to say it out loud.

"I'm going to tell you a story, and I need you to wait till it's done," Lea spoke more softly, because this news needed a gentle hand. "Mya and I were born here, in this world, you're world. But Dumbledore feared the return of the Dark Lord, and sent us away to another world. One that did not possess any sort of magic. But in this world, this author- who no one really likes now- created a series of books that turned into movies. Mya and I loved these books and movies so much, that we practically had everything from it memorized. And then we came back here, to the same world we were born in, about the same books we had loved. I know everything, Draco, because I have read this book a hundred times."

This information didn't seem to help Draco at all, if anything, he felt even more confused and a bit angry.

"So you lied to me," Draco muttered under his breath, but Lea could still hear it.

"No, I didn't," Lea took a step closer to him. "I didn't lie about anything, especially the way I felt towards you. But Dumbledore, he is making me keep this a secret, making Mya and I not able to tell anyone anything. And so... I'm going to help you kill him so that we can be free. But Draco... you can't do it in the way's you've just tried. Hurting Katie Bell... she's innocent. You can't use other people to get to him. That's not right."

"Then what other plan do you have?" Draco felt his teeth grind together.

"Wait," Lea told him. "Just wait to attack him. We both know he's too powerful to take on right now, and not as dumb as you think he is. He'd see a trick coming a mile away."

"My father's life rests on this," Draco hissed. "If I have to wait, that means he does as well."

"But you're forgetting," Lea grinned. "I know the perfect time when we should strike him. Because I know when he's going to be at his weakest. I know when he's going to be vulnerable. But you have to trust me."

"How can I trust someone who abandoned me?" Draco asked.

"Because that wasn't my option," Lea morphed her face into looking more pissed off, imagining the time her older brother pushed her into the pool in the middle of winter when she was fully clothed. "That was Dumbledore. He made me leave, he sent me back. He used Mya and I like a puppet and now it's finally time that we get our revenge."

Draco reached his hand out, pushing some of Lea's hair behind her ear, before it settled on her warm cheek. "Promise me you won't leave me this time. Promise me that this time, you stay with me forever. Because I can not lose you again. You mean too much to me."