Chapter-48

Arinya's POV

How am I supposed to process what this man just did for me? How? HOW?
First the marriage proposal, which happens to be the greatest joy I've ever felt. Well, before I could recover from that, he ended up gifting me something that mattered most to the child in me who didn't go through a single day without craving for her parent's presence ever since she lost them.

My mind literally froze for a second after realising that I got my Dad's property back where he wanted to build a design school. It felt as if Ashton picked up a piece from my broken past and adjusted it in its right place. He made me feel a closer connection to my parents again.

The vision of bringing my father's dream to life kept me close to my parent's memories and when it was forcefully taken away from me, a part of me died inside. But, to breathe while knowing that I can now fulfill his dream felt such an overwhelmingly powerful thought and I felt alive again.

It all happened because of Ashton.
Ashton, what do I say about him. My dictionary has defeated to it's knees and is now unable to provide me anything that matches to the intensity of love he displays through his actions.

"Ashton." I mumbled, sniffing.

"Mm-hmm." He replied. We were still entangled in each other's embrace while sitting on the ground.

"We'll go and meet your parents tomorrow after office hours." I said.

He pulled apart from the hug a little and looked at me intently.

"We'll go." He softly answered.

"Don't inform them, we'll give a surprise." I said.

I personally wanted to thank his parents for agreeing to the marriage. Also, I feel a sense of homely comfort around them. Call it my selfish motive but I really want to soak in all their love. I realise the importance of having parents around and now that I have them as parental figures, I don't want to miss any moment to express my gratitude and seek their blessings. Apart from that, it will also make Ashton feel good since he doesn't really get much quality time to spend with them.

"Cool." He kissed the side of my head.

We stayed like that for a few more minutes before I again called for his attention.
"Listen??"

"Yeah." He whispered.

"By any chance, is there anything you could possibly want?"
I asked a pretty silly question but worth a shot, right?

"Yes,.." My eyes lit up and I gaped at him.

"You." He answered and chuckled.

Heat crawled up my cheeks but I tried to cover it up.

"But you already have me. Anything else?" I whined like a kid.

"I'll let you know if there'd be something but nothing as of now." He answered.

Okay, so an element of surprise and a lot of brainstorming is what I've got to handle.

Well I don't mean to be equal on the aspect that he gifted me something so I'll have to do the same. But the way he treats me, he deserves to be treated the same way and more than that, he deserves to be made an effort for. I'd give up anything just to see him genuinely happy and smiling.

Suddenly, I remembered something I promised Aiden a few days ago. I guess, it's time for a fun sports day.

"Ashton." And for the third time I shamelessly bugged him.