Chapter 1

Last night's heavy downpour did not easily dissipate. Threatening black clouds gathered together while the sun stretched out its rays, trying to escape the darkness. Finally, a glorious light broke through a layer clouds and spilled its rays gently over a courtyard filled with children. It was as if an immortal light had come to visit the earth's mortal children.

Lin Xinyu closed his eyes and immersed himself in the heaven's glorious display. His delicate, pale face was dyed with a faint blush. The thin layer of red made him appear more like a doll instead of a living person. As he reached out to catch the sun's rays, a person suddenly stood in his way and obstructed the light.

"Hey, don't think you can be lazy just because the dean favors you." A tall boy had cast a looming shadow, along with three other children. He looked down with a scowl.

Lin Xinyu's brows slightly wrinkled while he pursed his lips unhappily. After such an encounter, he stood up and wiped off the dirt on his pants. He lowered his head and moved to the side, distancing himself a step away from Zhao Qiang.

When Zhao Qiang saw how quickly Lin Xinyu left, he was unwilling to let him go. The bully quickly stepped forward to block the boy's path. "Lin Xinyu, are you a man?"

Lin Xinyu timidly looked up at him and took a step back. At this time, one of Zhao Qiang's followers came to his side to cut off his path of retreat. The defenseless boy felt a sharp pain at his waist before hearing a threat to stay still.

A humble whisper escaped Lin Xinyu's thin lips, begging, "Please let me go."

Zhao Qiang smiled slyly. "If you crawl between my legs, I'll let you go."

Lin Xinyu's cheek blushed with a more obvious red. He bit the corner of his mouth, causing his lips to taint red, as if he had applied lipstick. Those delicate petal lips seemed to evoke desire, but the young boy was unaware of his charm. He gently replied, "Well, as long as you promise not to bother me in the future, I will do it."

When people see a beauty, they can't help but stare a little more, and Zhao Qiang was no exception; he couldn't help but gawk at the pretty young boy. When he finally recovered his senses, he quickly reminded himself that Lin Xinyu was a male! This shameful feeling was an embarrassment for children around eleven or twelve years of age.

Zhao Qiang pushed Lin Xinyu in anger. He pointed between his legs and declared, "I only gave you permission crawl through here. You have no right to ask for conditions."

Zhao Qiang simply could not understand. Lin Xinyu was an orphan like everyone else, but while others did chores, he was allowed to play outside. While others had to share a pot of rice, he could enjoy a separate meal prepared just for him. The dean gave him special attention. Yes, Lin Xinyu was afflicted with heart disease, but there was more than one child in the orphanage who had ailments. Why does he receive special treatment compared to everyone else? Zhao Qiang wanted to vent his dissatisfaction. He would often bring a few younger brothers to teach Lin Xinyu a lesson when the boy was least aware. This wasn't the first time he made trouble.

Lin Xinyu retreated two steps back and accidentally fell to the ground. The grass was soaking wet from the previous night's heavy downpour. As the boy helplessly landed on the mud, his white shirt stained noticeably.

Zhao Qiang usually bullied Lin Xinyu by secretly placing bugs on his bed, or by blocking his way while breathing out threats. Now that his victim had fallen to the ground, Zhao Qiang felt as if his heart's inner demons were provoked-he wanted to assert his superiority.

Remembering the scene from the television show, "Young and Dangerous," Zhao Qiang mimicked his favorite character Yu Dao and stood high in a domineering fashion, saying, "Now-go through-and crawl!"

Lin Xinyu supported himself with one hand and looked up slowly at his oppressor. At this angle, Zhao Qiang's fat double chin appeared plumper than the braised pork that was served on Mondays.

Lin Xinyu felt envious. Why were some people born healthy while others like him have physical defects since birth?

The frail boy looked down at the ground, accepting his fate. He shamefully bent down and began to crawl underneath Zhao Qiang.

A crisp voice suddenly broke through the air, interrupting the scene. "Guys, the Dean just returned to the classroom! He brought a lot of delicious food with him!"

When Zhao Qiang heard the surprising news, he pulled his pants and quickly ran with his younger brothers towards the school. As he dashed, he didn't forget to look back and shout, "Lin Xinyu, count you lucky this time~"

The sun once again shone its faint light on the frail boy's face. The temperature had dropped this time, as the golden sun was eclipsed once again by dark clouds. Not a trace of light could escape.

"Don't you know how to resist?" A young girl looked down on him in annoyance. "The best way to deal with school violence is to fight back!"