Chapter 7

Zhao Qiang screamed in pain, holding his right arm while crying, "You dog! Let go, let go!"

Lin Xin looked and saw Lin Xinyu holding Zhao Qiang's arm while biting down on his wrist. Blood trickled down on the frail boy's pale neck like a dark blooming flower, adding a demonic charm to the boy's already exquisite beauty.

Lin Xinyu lifted his face and smiled at her. His pale lips were moistened with blood, making his smile appear bright like the moon and charming like the clear wind. The trickling blood stained his jade white skin.

Lin Xin thought of the original author's description of Lin Xinyu's appearance:

He had delicate features, an elegant nose, and cherry colored lips. The arc of his lips was shaped to perfection, making him seem as if he would smile at any time. This kind of unique smile was like a ray of sunlight breaking through the gloomy clouds.

'Thud!' a noise interrupted Lin Xin's thoughts of the plot.

Suddenly, someone from the crowd exclaimed, "Ah! Lin Xinyu dropped dead!"

Lin Xinyu, who suffered from a beating, was now lying underneath Zhao Qiang's feet. The blood stains on his mouth were still fresh. At this time, his face was as pale as a corpse's.

He was not yet the powerful 'Lin Xinyu' of the novel. The boy suffered from a congenital heart disease at the moment, rendering him so weak that he could die at any time. Because he ignored his own life and dared to bite down on Zhao Qiang's arm, he may never be able to rise again. Lin Xinyu laid helplessly on the ground, as if ready to let go of the final thread of his life.

Lin Xin quickly scrambled up from the ground, hurried to the unconscious boy's side, then turned him over. After making him lie flat on the ground, she violently pumped down on his chest thirty times before opening his mouth and giving him two rescue breaths for artificial respiration.

In her heart she silently pled,please don't die, you can't die...

Lin Xinyu woke up with a cough. Truthfully, his life wasn't in danger; he merely had difficulty breathing. When he thought of sitting up from the ground, Lin Xin already came to his side to give him compressions and artificial respiration. The boy subconsciously touched his lips, recalling how Lin Xin's breath intermingled with his own. He felt flustered so he lowered his eyes and tried to calm his feelings. Afterwards, he looked up at Lin Xin and whispered meekly, "Thanks for saving me."

There was no joy or emotion in his voice.

Lin Xin was distressed to no end.

When she finally heard him speak, Lin Xin sighed in relief. She wiped off the sweat on her forehead and sat down heavily on the floor. The girl smiled bitterly, "If you die, I won't be able to sleep in peace." Her heart felt a tinge of guilt. What worried her most was, if the male protagonist's rival passes away just like this, then what happens to the plot? What will happen to this world's existence?

A moment of carelessness caused Lin Xin to ponder deep questions about philosophy and the universe. Fortunately, he did not die. The story could go on and she could sleep well at night.

Yes, the reason why Lin Xin was concerned for Lin Xinyu was because she feared that the loss of his existence will affect the world around them. Since his life was now spared, they could now part ways and choose their own paths respectively.

Lin Xin stood up and patted the dirt off her pants, before looking up at the culprit in anger. The tall Zhao Qiang was frozen in his spot. His fellow brothers stood to the side, whispering to each other, afraid to step forward. The children in the crowd saw that Lin Xinyu was doing fine. At this time, they noticed that Lin Xin's lunch box and its contents were already scattered across the ground.

Ha ha...

Lin Xin didn't feel like moving. She looked down at her scattered food with remorse. She scolded herself for not doing enough.

At this time, Wu Anan came to her side and asked, "Lin Xin, where did you learn first aid?"

Lin Xin turned and looked at her. With her short height, Wu Anan's chest appeared fuller from this angle. From Wu Anan's head to her beautiful long legs, such a body was quite enviable. However, Lin Xin was in no mood to appreciate a woman's beauty. Instead, she responded with an alienated smile, "I learned it from a dream."