Chapter 25

Lin Xin thought to herself,I am afraid that Lin Xinyu's unwillingness to be adopted is not the case. Rather, it's the Dean who doesn't want it to happen. If he had been adopted, his heart disease would have been cured by now.

"You have no idea. The older the orphan is, the less likely he or she will be adopted. Some who still remember their parents are those who are between three to five years old."

Lin Xin asked, "Is there anyone who said that they wanted to adopt you?"

Zhao Qiang slouched back and said, "Yes, but I didn't want to go with them."

"Why?"

He replied, "I don't like that family."

Lin Xin felt that he was hiding part of the story so she didn't inquire any further, since it wasn't interesting at all to her to dig up someone's else's personal affairs. As she listened to Zhao Qiang's chatter absentmindedly, her thoughts wandered off to Lin Xinyu. After washing her lunchbox, she made her way back to the dormitory.

Lin Xin fell asleep immediately after exhausting herself for a full day. At around three or four o'clock in the morning, she woke up to use the restroom and had difficulty going back to sleep. She stayed awake until dawn as she thought of Lin Xinyu.

Wu Anan's sister, Wu Pingping, came an hour earlier than she had planned. She arrived with the first bus, carrying a large suitcase and several clothes. The children in the orphanage each received a gift; they surrounded Wu Pingping and called out to her enthusiastically. Even the fool, Zhao Qiang, was among them.

Lin Xin didn't want to stand out, so she followed the rest of the children to accept Wu Pingping's gifts.

She had only heard from other people's gossips that Wu Pingping was a beauty. Now that she could meet her in person, Lin Xin couldn't help but hold her breathe in awe. She always thought that Wu Anan was pretty, but her sister was stunning to a whole new level. With her oval face, and almond shaped eyes; clear skin and perfectly shaped lips; even her temperament and posture added to her attraction. She had no resemblance to someone who came out of an orphanage-rather, she looked like a daughter of a prominent family.

Wu Pingping easily spotted Lin Xin from outside the crowd of children. She eagerly called out, "Lin Xin, come over here!"

The alluring woman's voice was also exquisite. Her crisp voice wasaspleasant as a nightingale's song. Lin Xin was easily attracted to beauty in her previous life. When she transmigrated to this world, one reason why she liked Wu Anan more than Lin Xinyu was because she was prettier.

Lin Xin walked over and imitated the other children's calls. "Big Sister Ping Ping."

Wu Pingping took out a beautiful dress from her suitcase and handed it to her. "I heard from An An that you were her best friend. You would definitely look good in this dress."

It was a blue and white sailor suit dress; the fabric quality was first-class so the price certainly wasn't cheap.Wu Pingping must be quite rich~Lin Xin involuntarily looked at Wu Pingping's dress. She wore a blue floral dress with an open waist, and the hem was cut in a unique style. This contrasted with her snow-white skin, highlighting her exquisite figure. When Lin Xin noticed a small logo embroidered at the cuffs of the dress, she was sure that it was a luxury brand that she had seen in her previous life.

The cost of Wu Pingping's clothes were enough to be able to feed their orphanage for an entire year. If someone ever told her that a 17-year-old girl without a diploma was able to make so much money in a few years, Lin Xin wouldn'thave believedit one bit; she would most likely assume that the one sharing the news was merely making up tales.