Chapter 34

Lin Xin felt piercing pain throughout her entire body. She felt unbearably thirsty and her dry, cracked lips were stuck together. There seemed to be unclear sounds all about her, but she couldn't figure out where it came from. It was as if an invisible hand from another world was holding on to her and giving her a sliver of hope to survive.

It was as though she was taken back to her previous life, and the voice of her parents resounded by her ear.

"Xin Xin, happy birthday, do you like it?"

"Xin Xin, you got admitted to college, is there any gift that you want?"

"Lin Xin is a senior at school now. Were you able to get yourself a boyfriend?"

*

The final scene is fixed on the cold corpses of her parents, whose lives were so fragile, that they couldn't survive the slightest impact in a car accident. Lin Xin knelt down with her arms over her head and was unwilling to accept her parents' deaths. The hospital room that smelled of disinfectant was left empty except for her.

If she could return to her previous life, she wouldn't mind exchanging ten years or even twenty years of her life just so she could say these words to her parents that day: "Mom, dad, please don't go out today. Will you stay home with me?"

Since the transmigration God had brought her here, rebirth shouldn't be an impossible feat, buy why was she brought to this novel world of all places? Her present suffering shouldn't have been her fate. She refuses to bow down to her oppressors. For Lin Xin, she will treat those who love her with greater affection, whereas those who hurt her will have to receive twice the pain as retribution.

Her destiny is only hers to decide.

Lin Xin struggled painfully until she finally managed to open her eyes. Her dry lips moved as she whispered hoarsely, "water."

Lin Xinyu, who had been watching over over, hastily raised a bowl of water and helped her take a sip.

Every part of Lin Xin's body ached with pain, making every move extremely difficult. But she told herself not to give in, so she gritted her teeth and pushed herself to drink the entire bowl of water.

"Hungry."

Lin Xinyu pulled out a piece of boiled egg out of his pocket and peeled its shell before feeding it to her. Lin Xin endured the pain and quickly finished eating the egg. Afterwards, Lin Xinyu took out an apple, cut it into pieces, then fed it to her one slice at a time. Lin Xin no longer bothered to care where the food came from; all that matters now is that she survives. Only with good physical strength and health will she be able to do what she wants. She'll need to forbear for now so she can prepare for a comeback in the future.

After eating, her body's senses seemed to recover a little, causing the pain to feel lot clearer than before. She also became aware of her high fever. Lin Xin laid in bed and looked up at the fine dust that was illuminated by the sunshine outside the window. She suddenly asked Lin Xinyu, "Were all of those snacks for you?"

Lin Xinyu nodded.

Lin Xin then asked, "Don't you feel dirty?"

The sensitive boy felt as if her words had pierced his heart like a knife; he was afraid that instead of her hating the food, what she actually despised was him.

Feeling as if his heart was stabbed, Lin Xinyu grasped his chest and gasped, "Do you hate me?"

Lin Xin replied coldly, "I can't say I hate you, but I certainly don't like you."

What was more hurtful than being hated was being treated with indifference.

Lin Xinyu's face turned white. She saw it all that day; she saw everything. He was dirty, dirtier than anyone else, no matter how hard he tries to wash and clean himself. Not only was he not worthy of finding friends, he was also unworthy of being a friend.

His lips trembled and he still plucked up the courage to ask, "Are we still friends?" Despite her words, he didn't want to give up.

"I hate cowards and I hate people without dignity. I'll only be friends with people like myself."

Lin Xinyu felt like a prisoner who was given a death sentence. He sat frozen without crying or laughing.

Lin Xin didn't dare to look him in the eye, otherwise she might say what was truly on her mind:The truth is, you're a very good person. You're not dirty at all. No, in fact, you're much cleaner than anyone else. What happened wasn't your fault; the guilty ones are those that harmed you."

I can't tell you this now, but you will have to wait for me. One day, I will cut off those people who hurt you, and after I do, I will tell you that you are the purest person in this world.