(1 day) Oh no!

Grace POV:

"Grace. Grace, wake up.", someone shakes me and i start to stir.
"Grace, you've been sleeping on the floor wake up.", someone says more demanding now. I open my eyes and shot up, gasping for air. I look around confused. Where am i? I look at Tris, who's been trying to wake me up not a second ago.
"Why am i lying on the floor? In the hallway? All night?", i ask, while rubbing the sleep off my eyes and trying to make sense out of this.
"You tell me.", Tris says and helps me to my feet.
I frown and look around again until the images of last night hit me like a tidal wave.
My eyes start tearing up again and i shake my head to get rid of the sudden lump in my throat.
"Everything okay?", Tris asks worried and i tell her everything that happened last night.
When i finish, there is a long silence. She just looks at me for what feels like hours and then takes my hand and starts pulling me out of the hallway.
"Where are we going?", i ask while we pass the training hall.
"We're getting you changed and then some food. You look pale.", she answers and shoots me a warm smile over her shoulder.
"Careful your Abnegation is showing.", i joke and we both laugh. After a while we arrive at my apartment and enter it in complete silence. I go to my drawers and search for something to wear while Tris sits on the kitchen counter.
"He told us.", she then says, making me stop dead in my tracks. I look at her.
"He did?", i ask. She nods.
"He was beyond pissed, no, furious about it. He told us and stormed off again. Nobody has seen him all night.", she pauses, looking at me sympathetically,"Evelyn told us how you handled...that."
I sigh and pull out a white long sleeve shirt and some black pants and my white chucks.
"Can we please just drop it.", i say.
"We know you dont want to talk about it now, but if you want one day, we're here.", she says and jumps of the counter,"im going to get you breakfast, meet me in the cafeteria in 20."
I sigh and nod, entering the bathroom.

*15 minutes later*

I look in the mirror while brushing through my tangled hair. The bags under my eyes make me look tired and my normally bright green eyes are damp and almost lifeless. I stretch and hear my back popping, it was hurting really bad since ive slept on concrete. I sigh and leave my apartment heading to the cafeteria.
After a few minutes i pass Evelyns office, like i always do when i head to the cafeteria, hearing people arguing inside. I step closer to the door trying to make out the reason the people inside were arguing about.
"Do you realise how this makes me look?!", a voice said which clearly belonged to Evelyn,"The people are going to wonder why on earth a professional fighter was murdered in cold blood!"
"Of course its not like he didnt deserve it, but still did you have to kill him?!", she continues, and i step away from the door, frowning.
Who did kill who?
I started walking again, not sure if i wanted to hear more.
I arrive at the cafeteria and sit opposite Tris grabbing the muffin she hands me and taking a big bite out of it. Then i steal her coffee mug out of her hands and take a sip out of it.
"Hey! Get your own!", she growls, or attempts to, and takes the mug back. I just laugh and pick at my muffin.
After a few minutes Four and Max sit next to us and Max nudges me.
"Morning.", i smile and he looks at me for a second, unsure of what to say, then smiles back and sips his drink.
"Sooo anybody seen Eric?", Four asks and i frown.
"What do you mean? You didnt see him either?", i ask, frowning.
"No, now that i think of it, I didnt see him either.", Max says, and shrugs,"he'll show himself eventually, probably somewhere scaring initiates to death."
We chuckle and it's silent again.
"We should go and talk about our strategie in Evelyns office.", i say and stand up sighing. Sometimes I really hate my job.
I head back to Evelyns office with Max, Four and Tris trailing behind.
When we enter we take a seat and start discussing our plan of attack, deciding to tell Eric as soon as we see him.

*5 hours later*

"So its settled then. We devide the initiates into 5 groups each led by one of us, so we can attck from every side and take them by surprise. We enter the city by train and every group jumps off into a different faction so we can slowly close in on Erudite headquaters. Jeanine probably has a bunch of Dauntless traitors posted around the entrance, so we are going to take those out and enter. She probably also evacuated the Erudite people so there will be a lot of places where her superwarriors could hide, which means that two groups led by me and Tris are going to close in from the stairs, trying to kill as many of those warriors as possible while Grace you and Four and Eric go upstairs and eliminate Jeanine and shut down the system. Everything clear?", Max asks and everyone nods.
"Lets get outta here i cant sit here any longer.", i whine and stretch.
We've been sitting here for 5 hours or more, me and Four had almost fallen asleep twice during the discussion.
Eric hadnt showed up and Evelyn claimed she didnt know were he was.
I sigh and head towards the control room. I havent seen Felix in forever also he might be able to tell me were Eric was.
When i arrived i knock lightly and enter.
Felix was sitting in his chair watching the screen concentrated.
"Hey Felix.", i say and plop into the chair beside him. He jumps and looks at me wide eyed but soon relaxes again.
"God damn Grace dont scare me like that man, seriously.", he huffs, making me laugh.
"What are you doing, buddy havent seen you in ages.", i say and look at the piece of paper he was writing on.
He just shrugs. "Nothing much really i was just finishing a report. However, its good that you're here because i need to show you something. I dont know if you're going to be happy about it.", he says and i lean closer to look at the screen he was pointing at.
He presses a button and the clip starts to play. Its a recording of the storage room on the last floor of the hideout. We keep all the food and the weapons down there.
I look a little bit closer and see a bulky figure enter the storage room while dragging another person behind them.
There is no sound so i cant make out what either of them is saying but the one being dragged inside struggles while the other one throws him onto the ground with ease. The moment the person is thrown to the ground, i am able to see his face. Jack.
I gasp.
His face is bloody and it looks like his nose is disfigured. He struggles to get away from the other person and says things i cant decipher. But the other person probably doesnt listen and starts to punch Jack repeatedly in the face until Jack isnt able to stand up. The person towering above him cracks his neck and starts kicking Jack in the side.
"My god who is that...", i breath out.
"Wait for it. Its not over yet.", Felix answers.
Meanwhile Jack was trying to get up and grab the hunting knife which lies behind him in a set. But apparently the other one had seen his intentions and kicks his hand away, grabbing a knife himself.
It seems as if they are having a short conversation and Jacks eyes widen at what the other one had said.
Suddenly the big guy bends down and stabs Jack a few times. A puddle of blood had formed under him now and Jack still seems to struggle so the figure grabs him by his hair and pulls his head up, says something and slits his throat open.
I close my eyes and breath in and out trying to calm my now racing heart.
"Grace, look.", Felix urges and i open my eyes again just to see Eric towering above Jacks now lifeless body, breathing heavily and dropping the knife.
I breath in sharply.
"Holy shit.", i hiss, and jump up from my seat, "oh my god! Eric killed Jack!"
"Shhhh not so loud!", Felix hisses,"Evelyn scolded him already okay? She told me to erase the footage and just write a report about it so nobody has to find out. I just showed you so you could tell you friend to get it the fuck together."
I nod, still not able to process this new information, these images.
"I have to find him.", i mutter more to myself than to felix.
"He's returned to the storage room after Evelyn found him.", Felix says and returns to his paperwork without another word.
I storm out of the control room and run towards the elevator.
Why would he kill Jack?
I press the button to the last floor and the elevator starts moving downwards.
I wait, not so patiently anymore for it to arrive, tapping my foot on the ground nervously.
When the doors finally slide open i start running towards the storage room at the end of the hall. People see me passing by and give me firm nods or polite waves but i dont acknowledge them i just keep running.
When i open the storage room door the light is out, but it doesnt take much of it to see the figure of a man, sitting on a stack of wood fiddling with his hands. Eric.
I step inside and look around. The ground is still bloody and the knife he killed Jack with still lies on the floor.
Eric hasnt noticed me yet, so i take my time to look at him closely.
His hair is a mess, he has blood splattered on his face and his hands are now a deep red colour, also from the blood. His clothes which were black didnt seem to be dirty but i knew that they were soaked in Jacks blood also. I could see now that Eric wasnt really fiddling with his hands, but trying to rub the blood off of them. A nervous habit he got when he made his first kill in Dauntless.
"My god.", i mutter but didnt move an inch towards him. What had he done?
His head shoots up at the sound of my voice and he looks at me just like a broken man would look at you.
We dont say anything just stare at eachother. Time seems to go slow, every movement, every heartbeat seems slower than normal.
Then, i take a step towards him, and then another and then another until im standing right infront of him.
He looks up at me, not trying to get up.
I break the eyecontact we made just to rush outside and grab some wet paper towels and run to him again.
He started rubbing his hands again, more violently this time.
I watch for a few seconds and then bend down so i am on eyelevel to him.
Then i gently take one of his hands in mine and start wiping the blood off of his hand.
He still hasnt spoken a word, just keeps staring at me. I put the now clean hand back, after inspecting his busted knuckles, and take the other hand cleaning it too.
When i finish, i put my hand under his chin and move it a little to the side so i could clean the blood of his face.
"He hurt you.", he states quietly.
I brush past his eyebrow piercings, leaving them shining again, and shrug.
"Everybody gets hurt at one point in his life.", i say, and turn his head to the other side.
He then grabs my wrist, stoping me from cleaning and looks me straight in the eyes.
"No, he hurt you.", he says more sternly.
I let my hand sink down onto his knees and look at him. Then i sigh and start wiping his face clean.
When i finish i stand up and throw the now bloody paper towels into the corner and take Erics hand and pull him up.
I lead him down the hallway towards the elevator and press the button to the 3rd floor. Where our apartments are. The doors slide open to reveal a completely empty hallway. I havent let go of his hand, and the warmth of it was comforting. I draw circles on the back of his hand attempting to calm him, i know that he is upset.
We arrive at my door and i open it quickly pushing him inside and then entering myself. I pull my drawers open and take one of his shirts out. Long story short, i fled in them from Dauntless more then a year ago. I give it to Eric and push him into the Bathroom and close the door behind him.
Then i go over to his room and grab some sweatpants and return to my room locking the door behind me.
I plop onto my bed holding his pants and waiting for him to get out.
After 10 minutes the water stops running and Eric steps out of the bathroom grabbing his pants and putting them on.
He goes back to my kitchen and takes the bottle of Jack i had stolen from him and takes a big sip out of it. Then he leans on the counter and eyes me carefully.
After another unbearably long silence i stand up and approach him until i am only inches away from him. He puts his head down so our forheads are touching, closing his eyes.
"You're acting like you were the one almost slaughtered and not me.", i say and touch his cheek lightly. He opens his eyes again.
"Im acting like that Grace because i didnt even know that i could have lost you to a sick bastard. You are the only one i got.", he says and hurt fills his eyes.
I look into them, into those steel gray,blue eyes and feel like i could loose myself in them.
"Eric, i...", i breath out.
With his eyes locked on mine, he takes a step closer. I wasn't sure my heart had ever pounded so fast in my life.
I notice a small scar on the bridge of his nose. For a fleeting moment i wonder how he got it. I wanted to know everything about the man standing in front of me. More than i already knew.
And more than anything, i wanted to feel his lips on mine.
Just as the longing became unbearable, Eric's lips met mine. The warmth of his mouth sent electricity running through my body. I throw my arms around his neck as i lose myself in his peppermint-alcohol breath and soft lips.
And just like that the kiss was over. I suddenly become aware of my surroundings. "Uh...shit," i say stepping back to create space between me and Eric. "I uh....."
He just smiles looking stunned.
Turning on my heels, i practically sprint out of my own apartment.
I couldnt believe I kissed Eric!
My heart rate still hasnt calmed down and i ran to Fours room and rapidly knocked on the door.
The door opened and a very disstressed Tris stands before me.
"Grace what...", she starts but i interrupt her already.
"I kissed Eric.", i blur out.
Her eyes widen and her mouth is a gape.
I realize what i had done and hold my head in my hands.
"Oh my god i kissed my bestfriend and then practicably fled from him.", i whine.
Silence.
"I think we need some girltime. Four! Get out now!", Tris shouts and pulls me in.
Four raises from the bed and gives us a confused look.
"Girl crisis, dont ask.", she adds and he nods and sighs.
"Guess im sleeping at Max's couch then. See you tomorrow girls.", he says and waves a goodbye before disappearing, the door closing behind him.
I sink onto the bed and Tris pulls a chair infront of me sitting on it and then puting her hands on my shoulders.

"Okay Grace, spill it and dont miss a detail."

A/N:

Omg!!! Guys!!!
This was so hard to write god damn!
If its a shitty chapter im sorry but my brain is failing me these days hahaha.
Anyways, how do you feel about the kiss? Any thoughts?
Vote, Comment if you still liked this chapter!
Love you!
-S