Fête des Bénédictions

Waking up I immediately felt the empty bed beside me. I opened my eyes and saw Klaus close by, already painting.

"You know, I definitely prefer when you're still in bed when I wake up."

"Yes well, morning sun offers the best light. Hold still, I'm almost finished."

I slightly propped my head up trying not to move too much but still take a peek at the painting but quickly gave up realising I won't be able to see.

"I've been alive for a long time but I can't say I've ever been painted nude."

He smirked. "Someone's always got to be the first."

Once he put down the paint brush I grabbed the covers that were wrapped around my body and got out of bed to look at the painting. He took a step back so I could see the full painting. I was shocked, the details, the colours, the precision.

"Nik... it's beautiful."

I could feel his presence right behind me, our bodies almost touching.

"Glad you like it, love."

I smiled still admiring the painting. "I love it."

I felt his hand softly move my hair to the side and then he started placing gentle kisses on my neck. I slightly tilted my head to give him more access, causing me to let out a soft moan as he nibbled on my sweet spot.

"Okay, I take it back. This is an exceptionally good way to wake up."

I turned around and placed my lips on his, slowly deepening the kiss. My hand travelled down to the bottom of his jumper but just as I was about to pull it off he pulled away and stopped me.

"Mmm as much as I would love to finish this, we should probably see what the noise downstairs is all about."

I tried to listen to what he was talking about and was shocked by how loud the noise was and I was too distracted to pay any attention to it.

I got dressed and headed out into the courtyard with Klaus.

"Enough with all the racket!" He shouted at the men doing renovations.

Elijah was also downstairs so he looked up to speak to us. "Is there a problem, brother?" He then turned to the workers. "Gentlemen, please."

The workers did as told and left us alone as Klaus and I walked down the stairs to join Elijah.

"I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody three-ring circus." Klaus complained.

Elijah raised an eyebrow. "Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not."

I looked up at Klaus. "Come on, Nik. You know Elijah's right, this place could use a makeover."

"Fine." He sighed. "But get it done quickly."

I smiled in accomplishment but that smile quickly disappeared when a familiar ginger walked through the door.

I rolled my eyes. "Look what the cat dragged in."

"Well luckily for you, I didn't come here to talk to you."

Genevieve then spun around to speak to Elijah. "I have a request. I'm told out coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like that to change."

"Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" Elijah inquired.

"La Fetê des Bénêdictions. Feast of the Blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young Harvest girls to society."